Come Rain, Come Shine Parts XVIII and XIX

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
blackmacjay

Come Rain, Come Shine Parts XVIII and XIX

Post by blackmacjay »

Part XVIII

The last week of their vacation was just around the corner. Kate and David had arrived in the town of Windermere in England’s Lake District. They checked into the hotel and made a dinner reservation at a highly recommended restaurant nearby. They took a nap, showered, and considered what to wear and Kate took a look out of their bedroom window. The rain was coming down in buckets and, as they’d experienced on their arrival, it was cold.

So, Kate’s dress choice was easy and she opted for tight fitting pants and a cotton sweater. Then she pulled on her rubber boots and selected her shiny white rubber mac and, as that had no hood, her clear PVC umbrella. David chose corduroy pants, a sweater and his single texture rubber mac.

They needed all of those as, when they left the hotel for the short walk to the restaurant, the rain turned into a monsoon. A block later they hurried into the lobby of the restaurant, which was actually part of a pub. Kate shook the rain from her umbrella and unbuttoned her mac. The warmth made Kate’s glasses steam over so she took them off and followed David to the bar where he ordered drinks. The weather had obviously had an effect on the pub’s business that night for even the British, who seemed to be impervious to rain, had stayed home.

The only other customers were a couple standing by the bar in the corner. They were probably a few years older than David and they smiled in a friendly manner as Kate took off her rubber mac and looked round for somewhere to put it.

The other woman moved aside and said, “Put it over here in the corner with ours. It’ll be out of the way, not that I think there’s going to crush of people tonight.”

While David was paying for their drinks, Kate took her mac and David’s to the corner table behind the other couple and there was a heavy rubberized mac in shining black satin and a man’s rubberized riding mac.

Kate said, “Oh, I love your mac, we seem to share the same taste in rainwear.”

“You’re American,” the woman replied. “Are you here on holiday?” Kate and David introduced themselves to Lorraine and Peter and explained that their ‘holiday’ was coming to an end but that they’d had a great time in spite of the weather.

“Well, actually,” Lorraine said, “I don’t knock the weather as it keeps me in business. We own a fashion rainwear business and sell mainly high-end haute couture macs. I do the fashion part of the business and Peter handles the office side.”

“Are these your designs?” asked Kate pointing to the two macs. Lorraine explained that her black rubberized satin was one of hers but that her husband’s riding mac was bought elsewhere. Kate touched the black satin and complimented her on the workmanship.

“May I try it on?” she asked. Lorraine picked up the mac and pointed out that she could never resist showing off her work. She helped Kate into the mac, which was belted and had a small integral cape that extended half way down the back and over her breasts at the front. Kate tightened the belt and did a twirl to the accompaniment of the characteristic swish from the rubberized satin.

“Do you know that the swish even has a name,” Kate smiled.

“Yes,” she said, “Susurrus.” All four laughed and David ordered a second round of drinks.

The bartender came to tell Lorraine and her husband that their table was ready and Kate reluctantly took off Lorraine’s mac. “If you’re planning to eat here and I would recommend it highly, won’t you join us?”

Kate and David accepted readily and the bartender went back to the restaurant to change the seating arrangements.

Their orders placed, the foursome ordered a bottle of wine and the English couple were somewhat surprised to hear of the extensive nature of the wine industry in Northern California. Lorraine said that her impression of California was of constant warm sunshine, “So did you buy your white mac just for this trip or did you buy it here?” she asked.

Kate and David explained about the wet winters in their part of the state and Kate revealed that she did have several English raincoats.

“I’d like to know why it is that all the most stylish and the most practical rainwear seems to come from England?”

As if on cue, another younger couple entered the restaurant but Kate’s back was to the door. The woman was taking off a red rubberized satin mac, shaking off the raindrops beaded up on its shiny surface.

“Because of weather like this,” answered Lorraine, pointing to the couple. Kate turned and could not believe her eyes. “Jessica,” she exclaimed, “Jessica from Houston!”

Jessica squealed with surprise, “I knew England was a small country but I never expected this. Look we’re meeting some distant family of Dave’s for dinner but maybe we can have a drink afterwards?” At this point the appetizer courses arrived so Jessica and Dave left them to enjoy their dinner.

The food was superb as was the wine and the conversation flowed as if the four had known each other for years. Kate and David talked about their trip and about their rainwear-shopping spree, which reminded Kate of her interest in capes.

“Do you sell them?” she asked. Lorraine said that she had a couple in stock but that she had a wealth of designs and material swatches she could show. It was agreed that Kate and David would stop by the store the following morning.

“A week from now,” grimaced Kate, “I’ll be getting ready to go back to work.” She explained that, while her work was financially quite rewarding, she was increasingly disenchanted with the company, which was in the process of merging with another. “What I’d really like to do is go into business for myself. One day,” she said wistfully.

Peter insisted on picking up the bill for dinner and Lorraine made them promise to visit her store. Kate and David bade them goodnight and went into the bar to wait for Jessica and Dave. They didn’t have long to wait and while the men were getting after-dinner drinks, Kate and Jessica went to the ladies room.

“I can’t thank you enough for telling us about that rainwear store in London,” said Jessica. “I love my raincoat and I love the effect it has on Dave. It’s as if he can’t please me enough when I wear it and he can’t keep his hands off me. Between you and I,” she added, “ a couple of nights ago, he asked me to wear it while we made love. Wow, what a night that was!” she said reflectively. “And, it’s not just the look of it, it’s the feel, the sound, the scent. Careful, Jessica, you’ll be turning yourself on.” “Before we go back in,” she added, “I’d like Dave to get a coat as well.” Kate explained about Lorraine and Peter, gave them the address of their store and arranged to meet there at 10 o’clock the next morning.

Part XIX

Early next morning, Kate hung up the phone and was silent. David read the signs and knew the news was not good. He, also, knew that there was little point in asking. Kate would get to it in her own time and in her own way. After her shower, Kate came back into the bedroom where David was packing.

“David,” she said, “The phone call was two items of bad news. Well, one of ‘em bad and the other may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. The real bad is that things between Steph and Mark have got worse. He’s so immersed in his rubber fetish. Steph says he’s totally oblivious to her. It’s as if she doesn’t exist. Anyway she’s says she has to get away for a while so she’s going down to Monterey next weekend with Val and Anne. David, I’m afraid that Steph and Mark are all washed up and it’s partly my fault with this mackintosh thing.”

David came round the bed and took her hands in his and did his best to reassure her.

“Look,” he said firmly, “Nobody but nobody can break up a happy marriage. You know it’s been rocky for a long time so quit blaming yourself.” Kate nodded, trying very hard to convince herself that David was right.

She cheered up and sniffed, “I hope you’re right and, by the way, the other news is that Stephanie saw Angie from my office and it looks like the entire department is being offered a severance package. So when I get home I’ll be updating my resume.” Then, uncharacteristically for her, she added, “F*** ‘em.”

A five-minute walk brought Kate and David to Lorraine’s store and they arrived at about 10:30am. Jessica and Dave were already there and she was showing him a rubberized lightweight off-white cotton mac. At the same time, Lorraine was selecting a sapphire blue, rubberized satin mac with a huge hood for Jessica.

As Lorraine was busy, Kate and David looked around the store and found a royal blue hooded full-length made from pure latex. It was the style of cape that an elegant woman might choose to wear to the opera or, in different times for a midnight tryst.. It enveloped, it caressed, it surrounded who ever wore it and it captivated Kate. She drew it on and wrapped the latex around her. David gulped in disbelieving bliss. Lorraine saw Kate and told her that the cape had been a special order for a lady who had moved and, inexplicably, had never left a forwarding address.

“I was really looking for two things,” said Kate, “A pure rubber mac and a cape. Well, now I’ve found a rubber cape and it is simply gorgeous.”

Lorraine pointed out that a pure rubber mac wasn’t really practical as the seams for the sleeves etc tended to be too fragile whereas in a cape that wasn’t an issue. “But,” she added, “If you’re looking for a cape for everyday rainy weather wear, I’ve got one in the back you might like,” and went off to get it. She returned a moment later with a mid-calf cape in black rubberized satin. Kate reluctantly took of the latex cape and donned the black satin pushing her forearms through the slits. Lorraine fastened the buttons and pointed out that it came with a detachable hood.

“I’ll take both,” Kate said. “And then I’d better get out of here before I spend any more, especially as I’m now out of a job. I don’t suppose you want an agent in the U.S.?” she asked jokingly.

“As a matter of fact, we’ve been thinking about just that,” replied Lorraine. “Would you be seriously interested because if so, at noon, my assistant is coming in and we could have lunch and talk about it. And, as a gesture of upfront goodwill, I’ll give you agent prices on these two capes.”

Jessica and Dave completed the purchase of their two macs and left after profusely thanking Kate and Lorraine for all their help. “And I’ll be your first customer,” said Jessica and she gave her address to Kate