ROBYN'S RAINCOAT - Part 3

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
Collector

ROBYN'S RAINCOAT - Part 3

Post by Collector »

And so I had taken Robyn’s raincoat and had hidden it in my schoolbag, but I was definitely not out of the woods yet! I still had to ‘play it very cool’ and join Robyn and Dave for lunch before I could leave - a real nerve-wracker!

There was always the possibility that my plan had omitted some crucial detail and that my crime would yet be discovered... Maybe Robyn had forgotten something in her coat pockets? If she went back to look for it now, she could hardly fail to notice that her coat was now miraculously dry and that on further examination the coat was not hers at all! This would raise all kinds of questions…. and then they would surely find her raincoat in my bag… and THAT I would never be able to explain!

The sooner that I was on my way home, the better. But at the same time I could not afford to raise any suspicions (at the time or in retrospect), so I was forced to sit lunch out – and time seemed to crawl along so slowly! The hamburger I had (normally a favourite) was so hard to digest, the tea too hot, my conversation with Dave and Robyn so stilted and awkward - surely somebody would notice (or remember) that something was amiss. But, eventually after what seemed a suitably polite (and hopefully unsuspicious) period at the table, I excused myself. Carefully lifting my bag to my shoulder (after making doubly sure that no part of her coat was showing) I bade my farewells and with my heart pounding at a remote, but still-possible, chance of discovery I quickly made my escape.

As soon as was down the road and safely out of sight of their home, I turned into one of the quieter side streets and stopped to examine my prize. It was crumpled and creased from being crammed into my bag and its dampness had made some of my schoolbooks wet, but this was of little concern to me - I was reunited with Robyn’s raincoat, had it for keeps, and this was all that mattered!

Now, you will no doubt be shocked that I had actually stolen Robyn’s coat and was willing to go to such devious and deceitful lengths in doing so… and this from a friend’s family that had invited me into their home and treated me as if I was one of their kin! Sure, in my defence I could say that I had not just taken it and left Robyn without a coat, but had at least supplied a replacement – but when it came down to basics, this was still a very dishonest act. I had been brought up properly, was essentially a decent young man and despite the elation of having her raincoat, I was very aware of the moral morass that I had got into. But I am ashamed to admit that even today, if confronted with the same temptation, I would probably repeat my actions - this is an indication of the powerful hold that this garment had over me.

It had stopped raining by now, but rain clouds still hung heavily in the sky, so I still had some excuse to wear the coat in the street. After holding it to my face for a quick and surreptitious sniff of the magic rubber-Robyn girl perfume, (particularly strong around the armpits) I slipped it on. Again I was enveloped in its pleasurable embrace and my body’s reaction was all too predictable.

I walked home via a long circuitous route, absorbing all the delicious sensations of being in her coat - the smell, the sound it made, the exciting feel of the rubberised material inside of the hood against my neck – so wonderful! But I had already realised that such opportunities for such enjoyment were going to be limited - I could not spend too much time in public wearing it - it was just too risky. Somebody, Dad, Mom, my Mom’s friends, maybe some of the other guys at school, would at sometime notice that I was wearing a convent girl’s raincoat and comments would no doubt be made… I think by that time Robyn would have discovered that her original coat was missing – and then it would not be too hard to put two and two together…

So I went home. Mom wasn’t in from work yet, so I wore the coat in the house, prolonging the supreme sensual satisfaction of ‘being in it’ and also allowing it dry (with the help of my body warmth). The next problem for me was where to hide it? I could not just hang it in my wardrobe where Mom was one day sure to discover it (and as Robyn’s name was marked on the rubber lining in permanent pen, that was a dead give away!). Maybe in the garden shed? But at the same time I wanted the coat to be near to me, to be instantly accessible.

Eventually, I rolled it up and put it in an old tog bag in the bottom of my cupboard. But it was still a bag that was occasionally used and there was an outside chance of the coat being found, so I had to come up with something better. In the end, the solution was extremely simple. I realised that my desk drawer could be withdrawn and the coat hidden in the body of the desk behind the drawer out of sight. It was a bit dusty in there so I put the coat in a plastic bag and that is where I kept it.

Having the coat was both a blessing and curse. Normally during the weekends my parents were at home, so chances to enjoy it were extremely limited. But during the week after school I was left to my own amusements! The coat was worn virtually everyday, hot or cold, rain or shine, in all kinds of manners and configurations, and its diversions filled entire afternoons - as a result my school work suffered once again. The required corrective was an afternoon or two of detention for not completing some assignments. This had the desired effect, not so much from being ashamed of my substandard academic achievements (my marks have always been high), as much as being denied time to be with THE COAT. But paradoxically, by that time the novelty of wearing it constantly had diminished, so I was able to strike a balance between its distractions and being able to concentrate on my schoolwork.

Still, I wanted to wear it in the open, in the rain. But what to do? I found walking in the surrounding countryside was one way to use the coat without much risk. None of my other friends were much into this (especially when it rained!) and thus, when I had the opening, I would take myself off on my own and be at one with Robyn’s coat. This was to instil a love of walking and hiking that I still have today, so I suppose that there has been at least some beneficial outcome from this otherwise unhealthy obsession…

And despite the unsettling influence of THE COAT in the background, life somehow settled down into some kind of normal routine. I still spent a lot of time with Dave and Robyn (feeling quite guilty, I must add) but as nobody seemed to have noticed the switch, so I suppose all’s well that ends well (and she did get a brand new raincoat!). As summer approached, there was little need or opportunity to wear the coat during my hikes. Although I would still envelop myself in its rubberiness during some afternoons, a natural equilibrium was eventually found and the requirement to do this become much less. This was, I think, due to the novelty wearing off as well as the smell of Robyn’s perfume slowly fading from the material. (I later solved this by buying a can of ‘her’ deodorant and refreshing the coat’s distinct and evocative rubber-girl fragrance) But also by this time was discovering that I was just as enraptured by the coat’s sheer rubber presence, more so than by other (Robyn) stimuli (does this make sense to you?) Such is the insidious and corrupting nature of the spell that these garments cast over one…

How did it all end? Well, more with a whimper than with any definitive bang… about nine months on my father was again transferred and I had to bid my farewells once more. I was sad to say goodbye to my friends and in particular to Dave and Robyn’s family, who over the year (discounting the whole raincoat affair) I had become very fond of. But there were two advantages to our leaving – the climate we were headed for was a little bit cooler, a little bit wetter …. and I could now wear THE COAT openly without having to hide it from Dave or Robyn. Needless to say I took full advantage this…
rubbermac

Re: ROBYN'S RAINCOAT - Part 3

Post by rubbermac »

I cannot believe how close to home this story is !!!...Many Thanks.
hotwilly

Re: ROBYN'S RAINCOAT - Part 3

Post by hotwilly »

Thanks - well wrotten story
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)