ROBYN's RAINCOAT - How the collection started...

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
Collector

ROBYN's RAINCOAT - How the collection started...

Post by Collector »

I still have Robyn's rubberised raincoat in my cupboard after 20 years and it still exerts its subtle but powerful presence over me....

This is how I became ‘hooked’ and is the 'how and why' I started collecting rubber rainwear. I currently own some 15 articles of genuine rubberised rainwear - coats, pants, shorts, etc. which I enjoy wearing when the weather or privacy allows…

At the beginning, I considered this ‘strange interest’ of mine somewhat bizarre, shameful and even downright deviant. So it was a great relief to discover that were are also others out there that also have that wonderful relationship with ‘Mr. Macintosh’s Magic Coat’ And each individual’s relationship is so different (for me, the smell, feel and sound of RUBBER is so important!)

So, let's start with the story of how it all began. It has taken me some time to string events together to make sense. The happenings might seem odd to some, but are told as best as I can express and I hope they will not bore.

For me the significant happening was back in 1989 when I was 14 - a difficult time for most of us. Up until then I had no hint of any strange urges or longings regarding rainwear (rubber or otherwise) and what happened came as quite a shock. It was so sudden and absolute, even to the point of being devastating! I recall once owning a rubber mack as a boy, but cannot recall any peculiar or unusual response to it at that time.

My father had been transferred to a job in a new town and I had to make friends from scratch again. I hit it off with a classmate called Dave who lived in the same suburb. We walked home on the same route and I would often stop off at his house before heading on home.

Dave had a sister, Robyn, who was a year younger. She did not attend our school - she went to a girls-only convent instead. She was developing into a beautiful young lady and was really the first girl that I fell for in any great way. These feelings gradually grew over time (I think at 14, I must have been a bit slow of the mark!) but I was far too shy to say anything and besides, I don’t think Dave or his parents would have approved of any moves on her!

Robyn was very much aware of my interest in her, but to no result - I obviously did not have what it took. Cruelly, she had a not-so-innocent way of flirting with me. This was done to a fine degree, always just enough to attract, but to also plainly show no interest. Her actions aroused some very strong adolescent emotions. To be with her was a thrill and a punishment at the same time!

One day Dave and I got to his house just as it began to rain. For some reason, I had to head off home immediately and was going to walk on. As I did not have a raincoat Dave offered to lend me his, but could not find it. After searching a while he offered me another coat from the hallstand – which just happened to be Robyn’s. In so doing he innocently set the trap that I was to fall into (as it turned out) so willingly!

At first I refused, not wanting to be of any trouble, but he was insistent, saying that I would be soaked. Was he ever right! A quarter of a mile after setting off, the rain started sheeting down. I thankfully pulled the coat’s hood up over my head and walked on resolutely. The bottoms of my trousers were sodden and slapped against my ankles.

Robyn’s raincoat was green and made of nylon, but was rubberised inside - the smell of this rubber was quite strong. As I walked, I occasionally caught a faint suggestion of something else over that of the rubber of the hood. At first I thought I was imagining it, but then I realised I was picking up a hint of a perfume or deodorant that Robyn must use - this wonderfully feminine smell was coming off the coat as my body heat warmed it up.

Well, you can imagine what happened next! I began to realise that the scent being given off by the coat was affecting me on in a most embarrassing manner! I tried to ignore this, but with little success. I did not ‘connect’ at first, but then I started thinking... The coat was quite roomy - when Dave gave it to me to put on I thought it would be too small and tight - but it was obviously sized to amply cater for a young teenage girl’s developing body…

And then, a moment of absolute revelation! After all, here I was wearing something that belonged to her - and to be contained within was absolute magic! It was almost if she was walking alongside me in the rain, but far better – by wearing her coat and smelling her perfume I could imagine that I was one with her – warm, secure and so intimate.

By now Robyn’s scent had become stronger - and with it my reaction! And strangely, the rubbery smell of the coat itself seemed to amplify the effect. This was so weird! My pace slowed to savour the wonderful experience of being contained in HER RAINCOAT… In fact I recall walking a longer way home than normal. The cold wetness of the rain against my face was hardly even noticed.

When I finally got home I hung the coat over my bedroom door to dry. I changed and started my homework but could not focus for long. My thoughts were repeatedly drawn back to the events of the journey home and I kept on gazing dreamily up at it. I must add that its influence had not subsided one little bit!

I decided to put it in another room, but as I took it down I could not help but lift the hood to my nose and inhale deeply of its magic rubber/girl-perfume mixture. That was all that was needed! Dripping wet or not, the coat went back on, and homework was completed in its damp but pleasurable embrace. I took it off only when I heard my mother arrive home. As I quickly hung it in my wardrobe, I was now quite amazed with the astounding effect this garment seemed to have on me. I decided that it would remain there safely out of sight until I took it back to Dave at school the next day …

But as hard as I tried, I just couldn’t ignore it and after supper the coat came out again. I dared not wear it in my room (that would have been a bit hard to explain if one of my parents had walked in!) but I had it near all the time. It was just so marvellous. In examining (and inhaling) parts of the coat I found that the scent of Robyn’s perfume was particularly strong from the hood and around the armpits and cuffs – and so distinctive and so powerfully amplified when combined with the scent of rubber!

And of course, the temptation to experience even more that night was just too much. I knew I shouldn’t do it, but I could hardly wait. Once I was sure that everyone was fast asleep, the coat was taken into bed with me. I was absolutely captivated by it and it kept me awake for virtually the whole night!
Early next morning I sheepishly returned it to my cupboard before anyone woke up. Overnight I had become totally enslaved to the intense and powerful pleasures that it provided and decided that it would now only go back to her the following day.

But at school I had time to think things over. Almost instantly I had been wrapped up (excuse the terrible pun!) in the incredible effects of wearing Robyn’s raincoat. I had always considered myself as a sensible guy with no real hang-ups, yet she and her raincoat had somehow managed to cast a strange spell over me. I knew what was happening was not normal or right - I had suddenly become a dirty young man in a mack (I had heard this phrase before, but had never understood its meaning. Now it was patently clear!) … and the mack didn’t even belong to me! So I decided that as soon as I was home, it would be packed away and returned to Dave tomorrow. And that would be that!

Of course that was the plan. But it never happened. Despite good intentions, I once again found myself wearing it that afternoon and enjoying that special magic. And once again it was brought out that night. And it did not go to back to Dave the next day…

The next afternoon was quite warm and for the first time I wore Robyn’s raincoat with no clothes underneath. As I lay on my bed, the rubber lining felt cool and smooth against my skin; relaxing but so exciting. I also tried reversing it and wearing the hood up over my face, pulling the drawstrings tight. (It sounds very odd that I might try all this, but I really did!) It was very hard to inhale past the suffocating clinginess of the hood’s rubberised material – but the smell of HER perfume and the rubber there was so potent - wearing the coat like this left me satisfyingly breathless in more ways than one!

By Thursday, Dave had twice asked for Robyn’s coat at school. Every time I told him I had forgotten it and would bring it the next day – inwardly, I felt so ashamed. What would he think if he really knew what was happening with me, especially as it involved some very strange acts with his little sister’s raincoat that HE had lent me? I felt so perverted. But, somehow could not just let go… I had become totally captivated by THAT coat. I just had to have it, wear it and keep it. I knew then I was hooked.

I had not slept soundly for a week and it was now becoming obvious to others that something was wrong. My mother was very concerned that I was going down with some sickness. Dave also asked if I was OK. My grades were dropping badly. I myself could not believe the terribly corrupting power that this garment had over me! It was as if I had become addicted to some terrible narcotic - and all this had occurred so suddenly! It had to go back, but yet I HAD to have it. There seemed no easy solution to my dilemma - what could I do?

But in the end, my predicament was (seemingly) solved by Robyn’s mom phoning on the Friday morning before I left for school and asking my mom to ensure I brought the raincoat back. My mom was surprised (she did not know that I had borrowed it) and also embarrassed that I had it for so long and really chewed me out about it. But it was such a relief as I put it in my bag! I was now committed to return it and I knew that once it was gone, I would be out of reach its terrible, yet so wonderful, influence.

At school it was duly handed over to Dave. Nothing further was said. And that was the end of that. Or was it?

To be continued…
Last edited by Collector on January 25th, 2012, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
rubbermac

Re: ROBYN's RAINCOAT - How the collection started...

Post by rubbermac »

Many Thanks for the story....I had a similar experience in my youth with my niehbours daughters PVC Raincoat.
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

Thanks for story
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
neil

Post by neil »

I hope it wasn't the end!
Hope to read more.
And thank you.