Information from Waterproofs4you

Do you have rainwear you want to sell or perhaps an eBay auction we should know about? Feel free to advertise it here.
spitfire617

Information from Waterproofs4you

Post by spitfire617 »

Information via e mail from Waterproofs4you (U.K Internet rainwear provider)

Dear Waterproofs4You Customer

It is with regret that we have to send out this email to all our valued customers, but we wanted to keep you informed of issues facing us as we run our business.

Recent orders have been delayed in reaching us through no fault of our own. It transpires that the agreed turnaround on production of orders by AJ Group in Poland is not being met.

We have tried to establish faster production and delivery from AJ Group and after lots of discussions and even meeting them at their factories earlier this year we were confident of this being achieved. However, this is not the case and we are left with no option, but to advise of the following new production times on all AJ Orders.

For Standard Items, this will now be 60 days
For none standard items that have customisation this will now be 90 days

We appreciate that this represents quite a long time. We know the quality of the products is worth the wait, but it is still disappointing from our point of view that we have had to introduce these new delivery times. It should also be noted that there could be additional delays during the May to August periods (and also Christmas) where the production factories for the relevant suppliers close for holidays.

Unfortunately, we need time to update the website with this new information (as well as add some exciting new products we have) so we are closing the website with immediate effect until Monday 12th June 2017 when it will re-open for orders.

For all orders currently placed, we apologise that you have not yet received your items. All orders will be fulfilled as soon as possible. 

We are expecting a delivery from Poland at the end of this week and will process as soon as it arrives. If you are unhappy with these delays being passed on to you, then please get in touch with us to cancel your order and refund your money.

You may ask why we can’t hold stock to satisfy orders placed. 

Well we do plan to hold some stock going forward, but only for the most popular items and sizes. If we held stock of all the standard items in all colours and all sizes, we need to store over 1500 items and it would not be possible to stock customised items. 

Waterproofs4You is a small company, run by passionate people to try and help our customers in finding their perfect waterproof clothing. Costs are kept to a minimum so we can offer items as cheaply as possible. We are not yet ready to move to the level that would be required for those levels of stock, so we are at the mercy of the companies we work with in sending us items as and when required.

We hope that the delays in receiving your items is offset by the quality of the service you receive from us and of the goods and also the knowledge that we are coming up with new products that are exclusive to us at Waterproofs4You.

Thank you for your time and your patience in these matters.

All the best
Waterproofs4You.

A shame as this company seems genuine in their customer service. And they have been let down by long production delays.
Two months seems a long period from order too delivery.

All the best too them!
merv

Re: Information from Waterproofs4you

Post by merv »

and the next move will be they go out of business. I would think long and hard before sending them money tbh
Jacketbound

Post by Jacketbound »

We are certainly not going out of business - just becoming frustrated at the time it is taking to receive orders from suppliers that has a knock on effect to our valued customers.

We always try to put our customers first, so having problems with supply is not a position we enjoy being in. We share our customers frustrations in the delays.

Waterproofs4you is a business run by people who share the passions of those on this website. We started the business from scratch and have probably made errors along the way in finding our feet. But rest assured we will re-open our website for orders on June 12th at which point you will be able to see some exciting new products we have designed.

So we thank everybody for being on the journey with us as we strive to make our business more streamlined and offering our customers products they can enjoy, delivered to timescales they expect.
TStorm56

Post by TStorm56 »

Looks like AJ group must be having some supply issues at the factory.

What kind of new rainwear designs will you guys be offering?
Jacketbound

Post by Jacketbound »

To be honest I think AJ Group are a victim of their own success. They manufacturer for so many other companies, including Stutterheim which we all know has really taken off around the globe.

Sometimes when one of those big companies places an order, our order gets 'bumped' to accommodate them. We do a lot of business with them, but we can't compete on scale with those bigger companies.

In terms of new designs, the biggest news is a new style dungarees - all made from PVC - so no separate straps. PVC lining on all of AJ's items - so you can PVC inside and out. We can also add crotch zips to most styles which is a new feature you should enjoy !

All the new items will be on the relaunch on June 12th
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

With the will one piece suits also be pvc lined?
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

Jacketbound wrote: May 31st, 2017, 5:20 pm We are certainly not going out of business - just becoming frustrated at the time it is taking to receive orders from suppliers that has a knock on effect to our valued customers.

We always try to put our customers first, so having problems with supply is not a position we enjoy being in. We share our customers frustrations in the delays.

Waterproofs4you is a business run by people who share the passions of those on this website. We started the business from scratch and have probably made errors along the way in finding our feet. But rest assured we will re-open our website for orders on June 12th at which point you will be able to see some exciting new products we have designed.

So we thank everybody for being on the journey with us as we strive to make our business more streamlined and offering our customers products they can enjoy, delivered to timescales they expect.
Well I for one appreciate your commitment to excellent customer service. I just received my blue Opal raincoat & sou'wester last Friday, which I ordered on April 15th, so it just fell within your promised 6-7 week time frame. I love the way they look, and fit, and I am desperately waiting for it to rain today as was forecasted so I can try them under proper conditions. But what I truly appreciate were all the emails you guys sent apprising me of the status and the expected delays. I wouldn't hesitate to order from you again.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Bill_P wrote: June 12th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Jacketbound wrote: May 31st, 2017, 5:20 pm We are certainly not going out of business - just becoming frustrated at the time it is taking to receive orders from suppliers that has a knock on effect to our valued customers.

Well I for one appreciate your commitment to excellent customer service. I just received my blue Opal raincoat & sou'wester last Friday, which I ordered on April 15th, so it just fell within your promised 6-7 week time frame. I love the way they look, and fit, and I am desperately waiting for it to rain today as was forecasted so I can try them under proper conditions. But what I truly appreciate were all the emails you guys sent apprising me of the status and the expected delays. I wouldn't hesitate to order from you again.
As I have said else where A nice company too deal with and honest about time delay.
Jacketbound

Post by Jacketbound »

Many thanks for the comments and apologies it has taken until the end of the day to come back with an update but this is where we are - and we need your help:

Please, if you have feedback - either post it here or email us direct on contact@waterproofs4you.com

Dear Valued Customer

A week ago we switched off the website as AJ Group changed the timings of delivery and we needed to update all the items. However, just a few days ago, the goal posts were changed further.

AJ has seemed to have taken a new business direction and have stipulated the following:

No item can now be customised. This means we can no longer offer custom sizing sadly. This also means that adding gloves or a storm flap is no longer possible.

Production of standard items requires a minimum order of 10 units in any one colour and/or size.

New designs require a minimum order which is more than the standard item requirements.

We had planned on offering the following new designs:

1. Items could be ordered with a PVC lining

2. A new style dungarees

3. Crotch zip or through zip on the Drainage Overall, Coverall and Bib and Brace

All of this news has meant we have spent all weekend questioning how best to continue to run Waterproofs4You and at this point, we ask for your help:

We can continue to run the business, but would have to "collect" orders to reach the minimum requirements, this would naturally result in a delay in receiving your item/s which could now mean much longer delays.

We could consider holding stock,but we would have to reduce the number of standard items on offer as holding stock in all sizes and colours would be impossible. This would mean a lot less choice for you as our customer.

We could still offer the new designs, but with the minimum order required from AJ, this is likely to result in a significant delay of many months.

We stop offering AJ products and limit items to Ocean and Grundens. However, this would mean that many of the AJ Group items that we offer would no longer be available to buy anywhere else as these are products we have developed with them. We are very disappointed that we are in this position having spent a lot of time developing a business relationship and brand with AJ.

Therefore, we are asking you, our customer, what you think is the best way forward.

What can we do to make your buying options feasible, whilst keeping our business running without hiking up prices to cover extra costs?

We would really appreciate your feedback and thoughts as we try to negotiate with AJ, a more satisfactory deal.

Rest assured, all outstanding orders are still pending and should be with us in the next few weeks.

All feedback should be sent to contact@waterproofs4you.com and we look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best wishes

Waterproofs 4 You
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

What a bummer!
But "Big companies" do as they please!
Best wishes

Paul