Wanted Mac £300 - £400 Paid - Help -

Do you have rainwear you want to sell or perhaps an eBay auction we should know about? Feel free to advertise it here.
charles-shinymac

Wanted Mac £300 - £400 Paid - Help -

Post by charles-shinymac »

Hi,
My dear traditional old dark blue NYLON soft rubber lined single textured mac is on its last legs.
Worn every day out and about and now probably 10+ years old - I can't find anywhere that does Rubber Lined Nylon these days.

I need a Gents fastening and something that will fit my 46 inch chest, so around arm pits needs to be 50 + and length 48"+ Prefer single breasted but double would be OK I guess.
UK purchase only via paypal or cheque or drop in for cash (a few days needed to get it from bank) if local to Bexhill East Sussex

IF anyone has one to sell I would be very pleased to buy a secondhand example in good condition.
If anyone has any ideas where I might buy a good quality one new that would also be very welcome.

I am not a time waster, I DO wish to buy, hope someone can help.
Thanks
In hope

Charles
mactim

Re: Wanted Mac £300 - £400 Paid - Help -

Post by mactim »

I might have one..it's navy blue and I think would be about the size you're looking for and it's about 48" long. It's in good condition and double breasted with a wide belt. It's nylon and rubber lined and feels good and looks smart when worn. I bought it about 10 years ago as I had n't seen anything like it before and I liked the touch and feel of it. I have n't worn it for some time and would be happy to sell it. The only problem is that I'm away at the moment and won't be able to check the size etc for another couple of weeks.I'm London based so it's possible to post it to you. Interested? Tim
charles-shinymac

Hi Tim,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes Please!
Sounds just the job, fingers crossed it's the right size.
PLEASE keep in touch, I will be waiting with fingers crossed!
Kind Regards
Charles
mactim

Post by mactim »

Charles,
As I say give me a couple of weeks..can I liaise directly? Tim
charles-shinymac

Hi Tim,
No probs. with a couple of weeks.
I love my Nylon Rubber lined mack (so very sensuous) am of the Rubber rather than PVC generation at 65 years young and am quite excited to hopefully be getting a replacement.
By all means contact me via email directly on shinymac@rocketmail.com
If you do I will furnish you with my phone number as well.

Kind Regards

Charles Hooker