vintage sailing oilskin

Do you have rainwear you want to sell or perhaps an eBay auction we should know about? Feel free to advertise it here.
pvcmac

vintage sailing oilskin

Post by pvcmac »

can anyone help please. i am looking for an old fashioned yellow sailing oilskin in cotton backed pvc, the smock type with laces at the neck and a hood.
they were popular in the 70s but sadly are no longer made. not bothered about condition.
thanks.
dave
RainyDee

Re: vintage sailing oilskin

Post by RainyDee »

Hi Dave,

Its your lucky day! I have exactly what you are looking for amongst a pile of rainwear I am about to list on ebay, well, as soon as I can find the charge lead for my digital camera anyway, lol. The oilskins I have are vintage 1960's originals, very shiny smooth PVC over cotton, the smock top has the string ties at the neck, and unusually, 3 pockets, left, right & a central one as well, the smock also comes with matching overtrousers with adjustable waist and shoulder straps. The set cost me a fortune when I bought them last year and they have just sat in the loft unused, I didn't want to ruin my investment lol! These and other modern sets of heavy duty commercial fishing oilskins should be listed within the next couple of days.

My ebay name is dundeedavie69, search ebay.co.uk for oilskins or PVC suit and you'll find them.
Rainwearboy
Site Admin

Re: vintage sailing oilskin

Post by Rainwearboy »

We still get them here in South Africa - but in green. I do however have 1 or two still in orange.
Check out www.maxden.co.za for more info.