Happy New Year for PLASTIC

Do you have rainwear you want to sell or perhaps an eBay auction we should know about? Feel free to advertise it here.
kulshan

Happy New Year for PLASTIC

Post by kulshan »

I've posted nine items in all on Ebay for your perusal. Hope there is something of interest. International shipping is a pain, but I make no money on that. It's what it really costs.
kulshan

Re: Happy New Year for PLASTIC

Post by kulshan »

My goodness! Unloading my plastic closet and there seem to be no takers. Some good stuff, or so I thought. It's all on Ebay for another day or so. Don't think it's overpriced, but any input welcome. Look up items 231470044907,221475299369,231470037510,231470026077, 231470020479, plus a couple more for good measure. Items are brand new. Horrors, could it be that the pvc and plastic scene is passé?
merv

Post by merv »

the problem is that the US postal service have killed it with the postage costs to the UK. Not your fault of course but even with a reasonable exchange rate which we currently have it makes things rather pricey
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

I have just bought a long yellow PVC riding slicker from thoroughbred tack sales via ebay US last week, in fact it should be here in a day or two.

I paid only $16 for the slicker (Oilskin) but had to pay the USPS shipping charge of $43 on top.

Unfortunately the lot was over $60 about £45 in last weeks rates but I had to consider whether the total price for a quality raincoat was worth it when set against the price of a coat similar on the UK or German e-bay sites.

In this instance it was and probably saved me over another £40 or so.

You can get some good deals even though postage is a pain, but if you look around it can save you money sometimes on what it may cost nearer to home.

Happy hunting.
kulshan

Post by kulshan »

The riding slicker in question must have weighed a ton because most of the raincoats that I have shipped to the UK will cost between $15-21 US$. Not cheap, but doable. Main thing is that I have to weight it out and take it to the PO to fill out paperwork. I don't really charge for that, part of doing businessk, but a pain in the a__. Those rates amount to about double of what it is to ship within the US; maybe a little more. Thanks to those of you that bid my last lot. There are a couple left up there, and I plan to add more in the next few days.