Online chat

Ideas for new sub forums or any other suggestions on how we can improve and this forum.
Rainwearboy
Site Admin

Re: Online chat

Post by Rainwearboy »

Sure I can, if you let me know what modules for phpBB3 allows that I will gladly investigate it.
RainyDee

Post by RainyDee »

Hi Paul,

No idea if this would be any use, but as you know a lot more about php than I do, I'm sure you'll find it interesting. http://www.gagalive.com/live/livechatexamplephpbb3
Rainwearboy
Site Admin

Post by Rainwearboy »

I hacked in a version of PHPfreeChat. Hope you like it - top menu under the 'ear' of Rainwear in the site logo.
PVC Raincoat

Post by PVC Raincoat »

Hi Paul, now need to let everyone know it's up and running. Maybe post it on every board topic.
mason

Post by mason »

The chatroom works OK, although there was no one there at the time - I could see conversation from a (short) chat earlier though.

What about organising regular chat time/days along with including time zones so there's no confusion?

I would have one/two big regular chats every week but if people want to talk every day, that would be no problem either
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

-
Last edited by rainwear-experience on October 5th, 2021, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rainwearboy
Site Admin

Post by Rainwearboy »

You are all most welcome :P

If you have any suggestions for the site please feel free to let me know and I will do my best to implement them for you.
This is your rainwear forum and since new site domain is "rainwear central" I will gladly make it better where I can.
kasvelnebus

Post by kasvelnebus »

Skype is a good program, useful to chat and video chat.Download free from www.skype.com . Also, for linux ubuntu.
PVC Raincoat

Post by PVC Raincoat »

Hi Paul, it would be good if we could have some way of knowing if the chat room was active. Every time I come to this site I look to see how many registered users and guests are on. If there are/is a registered user, except the likes of Google etc, then I log on and go to the chat room. Todate I have never met someone in it.
Rainwearboy
Site Admin

Post by Rainwearboy »

The forum and chat room operates separate from each other. If a user want to chat they can go to the chat room, if they do not want to chat they will most likely only spend their time on the forum. Personally I hate when I am on a site and a chat window popups. However when I am in the mood for killing time I will go to the chat section of a site and wait till something happens.

My guess is that most users of this site do not want to chat, hence they do not go to the chat room.