PVC Oily Surface

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
jamesgreenberg

Re: PVC Oily Surface

Post by jamesgreenberg »

debs37 wrote: April 30th, 2019, 10:30 am Hi Folks.
I had this problem a number of years ago with a latex catsuit I recieved from China.
It did worry me some so I threw the catsuit out.. I buy my pvc and latex from pvculike or from the top end on the high st.
Latex is bought form cocoon or rubber eva.
I always glow in pvc anyway. hehehe.
Debs xx
Agree 100% with debs37. Especially given the cr*p which can be used to make PVC and to process Latex I stick to a few suppliers - mainly PVC-u-like, Honour and Cocoon.

Only issues I've ever had were with a Cocoon latex catsuit which finally fell apart due to overuse (and I may have put on a few pounds since purchasing it!) and a couple of PVC-u-like things which I've caught on sharp edges and torn (can't really blame them for that!)
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

How is latex catfish? do they have the oily surface?
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

dotaa wrote: April 27th, 2019, 5:12 pm
pvculike wrote: April 26th, 2019, 11:27 am The Oily residue is the Plasticisers permeating to the surface. Your body heat and sweat has reacted with the PVC and allowed the plasticisers to leach out. Once the Plasticisers have been released they are not going back so the PVC becomes brittle. There is a fair chance your body has absorbed some plasticisers, don't worry they will not kill you as the body clears them quite easily through your urine and to date I do not know of any ill effect of plasticisers on the human body.
The PVC suit I wore to bed is from Fabimonti from Germany. I also have raincoat and plastic pants from PVC-U-LIKE and nothing similar happens so far. Am I safe to assume that the all PVC from PVC-U-LIKE are of high quality and the plasticisers do not leech out easily? I love PVC but I am not willing to trade bodily pleasure for unknown health hazard.
Due to the legislation surrounding the use of Plasticisers in Europe i.e. (REACH) PVC-U-LIKE only use plasticisers specified to be safe i.e. DINP. This plasticiser is second generation high molecular weight which is more stable than the first generation low molecular weight such as DEHP. Even though PVC-U-LIKE produce their PVC in China it is under strict controls whereby the material must be tested and certified to be free of any heavy metals and must only contain DINP as a plasticiser. The material cannot enter Europe without these controls in place. DINP is more stable and therefore does not leach out as easy. However if solvents or oils are used or the PVC is mixed with Rubber clothing leaching will occur. Unfortunately there are suppliers of PVC clothing in China who are not covered by these controls and therefore they use DEHP and DOP which are good plasticisers but are banned in Europe because of their endocrine disruption. Even though there has been years of testing and no conclusions DEHP is still allowed for Blood bags! both DEHP and DINP are now banned from being used in dummies for children.
Last edited by pvculike on May 1st, 2019, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Izzitpvc

Post by Izzitpvc »

I just knew that PVC-U-Like had our backs, fronts & all other areas covered!! in the right way, with the right products. Nice one.
dotaa

Post by dotaa »

How long would pvc-u-like be in business? I love their quality pvc clothing and I afraid one day they ran out of business like many others.
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

dotaa wrote: May 2nd, 2019, 1:48 pm How long would pvc-u-like be in business? I love their quality pvc clothing and I afraid one day they ran out of business like many others.
We intend to be around as long as possible but in the present climate i.e Brexit, currency fluctuations, increasing staff costs, rates and utility going up I'm not sure for how long.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

any plans for new clothing designs?
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

rainwearseeker wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 12:08 am any plans for new clothing designs?
The exact opposite, we have already reduced a number of garments we produce and have plans to further streamline the business. Unfortunately gone are the days of customisation, new designs and having a choice of 300 garments.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

pvculike wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 6:21 am
rainwearseeker wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 12:08 am any plans for new clothing designs?
The exact opposite, we have already reduced a number of garments we produce and have plans to further streamline the business. Unfortunately gone are the days of customisation, new designs and having a choice of 300 garments.
so that includes minor adjustments?
debs37

Post by debs37 »

Hello..
Pvculike... My request of an over the head pvc smock NEW DESIGN...like the peter storm one would be lovey... I know u r cutting back....
But for me.. Please... lol.
Debs xx
Love ya pvculike x