Frustrating weather

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Rainworshipper

Frustrating weather

Post by Rainworshipper »

Is anyone in the u.k. disappointed with the weather at the moment? Instead of april showers the weather has been mostly dry, and the only rain has been accompanied by a cold easterly wind. I need some wet weather to wear my rainwear out in public.
RachaelG

Re: Frustrating weather

Post by RachaelG »

I’m in the US, and while I’m glad the spring has been a cold one, it is starting to warm up
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

I'm in the USA, and my chances to put on my rain gear and enjoy the wet weather (and thus also my chances of spotting lovely ladies in similar attire) have been few and far between thus far. We had thunderstorms in the forecast yesterday and today, and only managed a few light sprinkles and drizzle. Sigh!
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

You can get away with a lighter weight nylon cagoule any day of the year in any weather :) doesn’t have to be raining and even on warmer days, over. T shirt with the sleeve pulled up a little, most folks think your just wearing it as a midlayer or windproof.
X
Lets get swishy!
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

When I was a teen shiny raincoats were quite fashionable and it was very usual to wear them on very sunny days as well. The look of these was more important than the waterproof properties of the fabric which was more like a nice side-effect I assume.
TStorm56

Post by TStorm56 »

Well, I can't say that I haven't been able to enjoy the weather! These past two weeks have been soakers for the south-eastern USA. Last weekend I was able to test out a new Grundens 3/4 length raincoat I had gotten off ebay. I also found out that I will need to get a size larger for my yellow Grundens clipper rainsuit. Size medium is a bit tight!

Storms are forecasted for today but it's questionable whether where I live will see any rain.
pvclovering

Post by pvclovering »

I prefer the weather we have had over Easter, but would like some rain soon to get out in PVC again.
PVC Raincoat

Post by PVC Raincoat »

Peeing down here for days now, but then we expect to get rain at least 300 days a year. I'm always wearing a pvc raincoat.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

300 days a year!!! Wow!
Lets get swishy!
Anotherraincoat

Post by Anotherraincoat »

Yes please 300 days rain, always in raingear , heaven