Reactions from other people

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
blackmacjay

Re: Reactions from other people

Post by blackmacjay »

My guess is that Weathervain are quite happy with their prices. I don't know how many they sell but if enough is enough, why change their list price.

Remember they make a profit and that should keep 'em going.
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

All rubber sheeting products are a diminishing market. Therefor are costly to produce. There is no big warehouse with mackintosh sheeting.
Weathervain can only continue with us purchasing its macks. Hamilton Classic has the same problem. Dwindling supplies of a natural product.
Nothing lasts forever. The supply on Ebay has dried up to a trickle. A few more years SBR Mackintoshes will be unavailable.
luvcapes&macks

Post by luvcapes&macks »

Rubbersocks1999 shows the validity of the saying " Use it or Lose it "
Rubberrainwear

Post by Rubberrainwear »

I guess from the reactions I shouldn't have mentioned Weathervain.

What I was trying to say was if prices were to come down then more people would buy the products.
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

To requote, find a manufacturer of rubber or rubber-lined materials and cheaper and there may be hope.

But, as it is, Weathervain and Hamilton Classics are the best there is.

So save up. One thing I can say is that these products do last and last.
Rubberrainwear

Post by Rubberrainwear »

I say to blackmacjay, I've been using Weathervain for many years now so I know they sell quality items, indeed I've been using them since they had there origional shop. I got my first catsuits for me and my wife in 1975 and my latest purchase was a SBR trench coat. With regard to Hamilton classics my latest purchase was a rubber lined satin mackintosh for my wife.
Rubberrainwear

Post by Rubberrainwear »

I say to blackmacjay, I've been using Weathervain for many years now so I know they sell quality items, indeed I've been using them since they had there origional shop. I got my first catsuits for me and my wife in 1975 and my latest purchase was a SBR trench coat. With regard to Hamilton classics my latest purchase was a rubber lined satin mackintosh for my wife.
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

To Rubberrainwear.
The cost will never come down for rubber rainwear. The cost issue will always be between what you love and what you can afford.
Most rainwear today that says rubber in the advert is now for polyurethane surfaced polyester or cotton.
I tried SBR from India but no where as enjoyable as a mack from Weathervain. It now seems no one is selling it, only lasted for a short while, as it was no match for the SBR supplied by Weathervain. So save up and buy what you love.
Rubberrainwear

Post by Rubberrainwear »

I agree.
KlepperGuy

Post by KlepperGuy »

I have worn my Klepper macks and had compliments on their style and being ideal for rain.
It does give you a buzz ......and when you tell people how old Kleppers are, they tend to be astounded.

By the way.............I never wear my macks in public unless the weather calls for them.........no point in drawing attention to yourself in a mack on a warm dry day.