Reactions from other people

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Calsurf212

Reactions from other people

Post by Calsurf212 »

Do many people get compliments / reactions when wearing their gear?
Rubbersocks1999

Re: Reactions from other people

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

The simple answer is no. Being male may well have something to do with it, My mac of choice was a weather or not black SBR with a red rubber lining.
The most I ever got was a smile.
I can only think that I was not as good looking as the mac.
Ho Hum. That's life.
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

Every time my wife wears her rubber-lined blue satin mackintosh, she gets loads of congratulations from other women.

Now they probably don't know the garment is rubber-lined but what the heck!
Lordgrey

Post by Lordgrey »

Well, I had once a comment on my Firefighter-pants as I walked the dog in the night. And for some time there was someone taking Pictures from a window in the neigbourhood, but otherwise reactions are rare. I have Farmerrains bib pants, they are easy to clean if a dog jumps on you.
Calsurf212

Post by Calsurf212 »

I wore my glossy Nickelson jacket and had a couple of comments.......just wonder if they admire from a fashion point of view or something else....
pvclovering

Post by pvclovering »

A few weeks ago I was waiting to cross the road wearing my new semi transparent black PUL cagoule when a girl maybe late teens turned round and smiled. I am under no illusions. I imagine she liked the idea of seeing someone wearing PVC. After all, most of us like to see PVC being worn.Wish I had chance to ask her thoughts, bhe lightschanged and we went our seperate ways,
Calsurf212

Post by Calsurf212 »

Which brand of cagoule out if interest? My latest find is a glossy windbreaker jacket from Zara..
pvclovering

Post by pvclovering »

My cagoule is a unisex PVC cagoule from pvculike. The one I was wearing at the time was the semi transparent black one, Also have a shiny black cagoule too. Feel good wearing either too.
RachaelG

Post by RachaelG »

I usually get a few strange looks from people, especially when I take off my outer coat and they can see that I’m wearing multiple coats
southernrub

Post by southernrub »

It was a day of constant showers, so I put on a Weathervain Rubber Mac and Black Rubber Hunters to walk down to my local PO....whilst in line to be served a lady who was in the line behind me complimented me on my choice of protective wear from the rain and also added how nice the Mac looked.....I thanked her and told her that wearing such items was a logical thing to do in this type of weather....