Dealing with fetish

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
mudboy246

Dealing with fetish

Post by mudboy246 »

How did people, if they had a fetish, in their childhood or teenage years live with having a it?
did you tell anyone and/or how did you deal with it in secret if no knew?
thighbootman

Re: Dealing with fetish

Post by thighbootman »

I never let on at home but some friends and girlfriends knew and went along with it
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Certainly never discussed with anyone at home although on reflection they must have had a good idea about it, even if they didn't know what "it" was. Coming home unexpectedly only to find plastic macs in unusual places or their little boy hastily removing a rain hat from his private parts must have been something of a clue. The "best" response I encountered after a long and careful explanation to a girlfriend was, "I could never ever wear a plastic mac!" The joys of being young.
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

My rubber fetish was never known at home as far as I can recall. Since then my wife knows it all and does not care. Her several rubber-lined mackintoshes keep her "warm and comfortable." Her reaction is "not another one" with a grin, when a new mackintosh appears.

So I'm happy.
KlepperGuy

Post by KlepperGuy »

Mine was a total secret, having discovered the pleasures of rubber and pvc (oilskins) and rubber rainwear at about 12 and finding out how it affected me.......(excited me).
I tried seeing if other boys were interested and did so up until I was 15...............not one person felt the way I did about the feel and smell of rubber.

So I shut it away.....it was my secret and my world I could escape to..........in fact I was the 'only one in the world' who had these peculiar feelings.

Then I discovered the adverts in Titbits, Weekend and the News of the World for companies selling rubberwear and of course Forum magazine.........it was a bit like the revelation to discover I was not the only one...........reminds me of the ending of the 'Ugly Duckling' by Hans Christian Anderson.

The trouble is today, for anyone young finding they have a fetish ..............they can discover more on-line. But not in the 1960's you had to be more secretive or be labelled a pervert!!!

The other thing I have found is some of the young..........think.........THEY INVENTED IT.........how wrong they are.

But my advice to anyone finding they have a fetish is...............ENJOY IT........LIFE IS TO SHORT......and I know as my partner and rubber soulmate died at 42 in 1995.

Klepperguy
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

This email from Klepperguy somehow got to me.

I empahize from your feelings. Good luck my fetish friend.

The Internet helpd and there are millions who feel the same way.
susanmacintosh

Post by susanmacintosh »

I too had to hide my love of plastic, nylon or rubber rainwear. When I was about 12 or 13 I longed to have a plastic mac of my own, and kept hinting that I would need one especially in the summer, but nobody ever took the hint, and it was only when I was 16 I finally got a lovely gray plastic mac from Woollies. What bliss!!
Johnnyrbr

Post by Johnnyrbr »

I too hid my feelings about rubber and plastic thinking I was the only guy in the world with such feelings until I obtained a top shelf magazine where guys talked about their love of rubber etc. And then with the internet glad I'm able to share feelings about the issue on various sites or over skype, with others who understand.
Kinky-In-Scotland

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

There is a theme coming through on this thread and I am no different. Back before puberty I loved the feel of PVC and rubber rubber but didn't know why, but even then something told me it wasn't the norm and so I kept it to myself, when puberty came along and the inevitable started happening, that's when I worked out why I liked the feel of PVC when I was younger, this was in the early 80's when tolerance of such things was nothing like it is today so my pleasures were kept very much to myself. As for dealing with it, it took me about 10 years to become comfortable with my fetish and accept it, I never was the luckiest with the girls and so I guess I spent more time thinking about and processing my fetish. Once the internet came along and I started to discover fetish sites it was as if I had landed on a whole new planet and my confidence took a massive boost knowing there were others out there who shared my feelings for PVC and rubber, however, the internet has had a down side, our fetish has become associated with the gay community by the greater society and it's still difficult for us heterosexuals to talk about our love of PVC and rubber without being thought of in that way.
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

When the originator put pen to paper, most of these newer things weren't around so their age may well have something to do with it.

But I do thank the Internet because it gave us some hope and helped us to realize there are millions of us around in the various countries.