Rainwear Sighting in Cumbria

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
luvcapes&macks

Re: Rainwear Sighting in Cumbria

Post by luvcapes&macks »

yes , i have , several times , and always got a smiling appreciative response . my approach has always been along the lines of " good morning , do you mind if i say how nice you look in your raincoat , you really brighten up a dull day "
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Priscilla wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:18 pm Children, children! This is a squabble over nothing. All 9f you, go put on your pretty macs and go out into the rain, enjoy yourselves, and forget this little spot.
I suppose if respecting others and acting in a decent manner is considered to be 'nothing' then its little wonder the majority of the general public consider people with fetishes as weirdos and perverts
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

I think fetishism is accepted nowadays, with constant references in music, film and in other cultural forms. To those with a Daily Mail mentality-"the moral majority, right thinking people", we are nothing but perverts and weirdos. Thank heavens that we still have open minded liberals about, otherwise we might be "sent back to where we came from", for merely 'disrespecting' someone from afar.
rainwear-experience

mackintoshed wrote: March 24th, 2019, 11:22 am I think fetishism is accepted nowadays, with constant references in music, film and in other cultural forms. To those with a Daily Mail mentality-"the moral majority, right thinking people", we are nothing but perverts and weirdos. Thank heavens that we still have open minded liberals about, otherwise we might be "sent back to where we came from", for merely 'disrespecting' someone from afar.
So you think its only those with a "Daily Mail mentality" that would consider someone following a stranger around a shop because of the way they were dressed as creepy, wow

If a stranger followed you husband, wife, partner, sister, mother around wouldn't you be concerned, you'll probably say no just to protect your views, but really?

"sent back to where we came from" where did that come from?
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

If I have to explain that one to you, again, you are missing the point. You seem to be obsessed with stalking, and your debating seems to centre around a misguided moral objection to perverts following ones wife, yet there is no hint of that in the initial post. The writer kept his distance and acted properly, he was merely sharing an anecdote, a fantasy, that most of us on here would appreciate. The lesson is, I guess, never debate with a Daily Mail reader, they are after all the moral majority who'd have everyone sent back to where they came from unless they're White, male, middle-class, heterosexual, and English.
rainwear-experience

I’ve obviously missed your point so please humour me and explain what your point is

I did say in an earlier post that using the word stalking may be too strong in this case but of course you chose to read what you want to

My obsession, as you call it, is with people who think its normal to follow others because of the way they are dressed or for any other reason

If the OP had said he’d seen someone in a mac and go on to describe them and the mac it would have been fair enough but I find the act of following them creepy, if that’s just me then fair enough but I think its creepy

You didn’t answer my question, even if you don’t have a husband, wife, partner, sister you must have / had a mother and so would you feel comfortable with someone following her, its an easy yes or no

I’m not sure where your obsession with Daily Mail readers (which I’m not) comes from or the rubbish about sending people back to where they come from, these seem to be your own personal demons and I have never expressed any such view!
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

How people act on seeing a person in a mac, is down to them.
We all have personnel responsibility.
Telling other people how to behave smacks of over reaction.
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

I wish I had been as concise at the start, Rubbersocks.
rainwear-experience

Rubbersocks1999 wrote: March 24th, 2019, 7:07 pm How people act on seeing a person in a mac, is down to them.
We all have personnel responsibility.
Telling other people how to behave smacks of over reaction.
I suppose as long as the individual is happy with what they are doing, don’t care how it might impact on others and are happy to take the consequences then all is fine and dandy

I take a less selfish view of life
luvcapes&macks

Re: Rainwear Sighting in Cumbria / northernbloke"

Post by luvcapes&macks »

"hello , do you mind if i quietly say how nice you look in your raincoat " always works for me , and gets a smile and a thankyou in return