Rainwear Sighting in Cumbria

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
northernbloke

Rainwear Sighting in Cumbria

Post by northernbloke »

Hi All

Sorry if this doesnt interest you all, but I had to tell someone !....

I was in my local branch of Morrisons Supermarket the other day, when I saw an almost unheard of sight these days...I saw a woman wearing a purple full length belted and hooded PVC Semi transparent rain mac ! I was desperate to catch up to her and find out how old she was ? She wasnt very attractive to me, and was I guess around 45 years old. Sadly her mac wasnt fastened tightly around her bum, but was hanging loose. I followed her for a while, and wish I could have sneaked a photo of her, but was too frightened. I would also have loved to have the courage to walk up to her and say "I love your PVC Rain mac hun".

I have never seen this woman in that supermarket before, and the weather was inclement, but believe me folks, to see ANY woman in the UK these days, wearing a full length semi transparent hooded and belted PVC rain mac is unheard of !

I will try to calm down now..lol.

Cheers

Derek
Cumbria
kinkycumbria

Re: Rainwear Sighting in Cumbria

Post by kinkycumbria »

where in Cumbria
Anotherraincoat

Post by Anotherraincoat »

Plenty of modern rainwear on show in London this morning

Sadly no long pvc.

Good luck on spotting her again
Taffmac

Post by Taffmac »

A very rare sight indeed since plastic macs disappeared from the high street over 30 years ago. You were vey fortunate. By your description it sounds like a mac for the early 1980s. A mac from her husband's/partner's collection maybe ? You say you didn't find her attractive, well, when you get to my age you become much less fussy about the way they look and 45, for me, is almost like cradle-snatching, LOL. I guess you'll be spending more time in Morrisons on rainy days from now on !.
northernbloke

Post by northernbloke »

Hi Kinky Cumbria and others

She was spotted in Morrisons in Workington.

It was wrong of me to say she wasnt attractive. She was probably older than 45, but it was difficult to tell. The weather was bad at the time, so she didnt look TOO out of place in the respect that she was wearing "rainwear". But to see anyone these days, wearing a full length hooded and belted PVC see through mac was unbelievable ! I went dumb, but wanted sooo much to say how much I liked her mac. Who knows what she would have replied ?
She wasnt a fashion guru, or trying to make a fashion statement. She was wearing her mac simply because it was raining I suppose. I just wished I could have maybe got in the checkout queue behind her, so I could smell her warm PVC mac and those lovely erotic pvc fumes coming off it. But she went to the self service checkouts..doh. I would say her mac dated back to the early 1990s. If only she had had it tightly tied around her waist and making it stick out over her bum..but she wasnt well built, so that wouldnt have worked I dont think.

I will CERTAINLY be going to Morrisons Workington on rainy days in future ! Lol

Thanks

Derek
boundmacman

Post by boundmacman »

A person dressed in a pvc mac is always attractive.. the mac is the 1st thing to get your attention, but the person wearing it gets your full attention!!
Therefore a beautiful/attractive person!
delboy

Post by delboy »

My wife and I spent a week in The Lake District last September and had plenty of opportunity to wear our PVC raincoats but sadly did not see any others similarly dressed.
I think one of the main problems is the lack of available PVC rainwear outside the major cities. I am sure that if garden centres stocked traditional rainwear we would see many more people wearing it in the country areas.

Delboy
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

“I think one of the main problems is the lack of available PVC rainwear outside the major cities”

Yeah, that’s probably it, nothing to do with this sort of behaviour:

“I followed her for a while”

“wish I could have sneaked a photo of her”

“I would also have loved to have the courage to walk up to her and say "I love your PVC Rain mac hun".”

“I just wished I could have maybe got in the checkout queue behind her”

I’m sure no one would find that even the slightest bit creepy, anyone reading that would probably be put off buying a mac for life
boundmacman

Post by boundmacman »

The perfect description of a pvc admirer..to shy to approach and talk - total fear of a wearer in denial of a love of pvc! Think we need to overcome the fear and go for it|
northernbloke

Post by northernbloke »

Has anyone ever approached a woman wearing a PVC mac and gave her a compliment then ?