Rainwear Sighting in Cumbria

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
hotwilly

Re: Rainwear Sighting in Cumbria

Post by hotwilly »

Here's the same situation with the boot on another foot - it happened this morning.
I decided to wash our two cars this morning, hose pipe and bucket sorted, Into the garage to slip on my Yellow Waterproof PU waders bought on Amazon from Germany and my wellingtons.
Had been going a while when a delivery firm lady walks up the yard with a package for my wife, first words after hi , was "will you wash mine", then " I like your waders , your dressed for the job" , I responded they are wellingtons, no she says " I meant your waterproofs, they look good , are they comfortable ? I responded in a polite manner, yes thanks signed for the package and she left.
I can say I wasn't offended by her approach and hope she comes again and finds me car washing and we can maybe strike a conversation up re " waterproofs".
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

hotwilly wrote: March 25th, 2019, 1:55 pm Here's the same situation with the boot on another foot - it happened this morning.
I decided to wash our two cars this morning, hose pipe and bucket sorted, Into the garage to slip on my Yellow Waterproof PU waders bought on Amazon from Germany and my wellingtons.
Had been going a while when a delivery firm lady walks up the yard with a package for my wife, first words after hi , was "will you wash mine", then " I like your waders , your dressed for the job" , I responded they are wellingtons, no she says " I meant your waterproofs, they look good , are they comfortable ? I responded in a polite manner, yes thanks signed for the package and she left.
I can say I wasn't offended by her approach and hope she comes again and finds me car washing and we can maybe strike a conversation up re " waterproofs".

That’s a little bit different scenario, the delivery lady was there doing her job not following you around and made a remark in passing

In the same way on a photo shoot someone said to the model something like “you’re dressed for the weather” as he passed by, appropriate words at an appropriate time

On another shoot a random guy started to follow us, we moved and he followed, when I approached him he said “I’m not doing anything wrong” we were in a public place so in fairness he wasn’t

When I told him he was making the model feel uncomfortable his response was “so what”

We abandoned the shoot and went for a coffee

I have no clue what attracted him, the girl, the mac, something else she was wearing maybe even the sight of me from behind, who knows but he was making someone else feel uncomfortable with his actions

Right I’ve said more than enough about my feelings on the subject, if its made even one person think before they start following a stranger then that’s good
northernbloke

Post by northernbloke »

Right I’ve said more than enough about my feelings on the subject, if its made even one person think before they start following a stranger then that’s good

I agree...as soon as we find whoever it was that was literally FOLLOWING, (not..following) the woman concerned. :(
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

northernbloke wrote: March 26th, 2019, 1:01 am Right I’ve said more than enough about my feelings on the subject, if its made even one person think before they start following a stranger then that’s good

I agree...as soon as we find whoever it was that was literally FOLLOWING, (not..following) the woman concerned. :(
Well I think we can put that one to bed quite easily
northernbloke wrote: March 18th, 2019, 11:58 pm Hi All

Sorry if this doesnt interest you all, but I had to tell someone !....

I was in my local branch of Morrisons Supermarket the other day, when I saw an almost unheard of sight these days...I saw a woman wearing a purple full length belted and hooded PVC Semi transparent rain mac ! I was desperate to catch up to her and find out how old she was ? She wasnt very attractive to me, and was I guess around 45 years old. Sadly her mac wasnt fastened tightly around her bum, but was hanging loose. I followed her for a while, and wish I could have sneaked a photo of her, but was too frightened. I would also have loved to have the courage to walk up to her and say "I love your PVC Rain mac hun".

I have never seen this woman in that supermarket before, and the weather was inclement, but believe me folks, to see ANY woman in the UK these days, wearing a full length semi transparent hooded and belted PVC rain mac is unheard of !

I will try to calm down now..lol.

Cheers

Derek
Cumbria
If your happy with your actions then fine, no more from me

Happy hunting
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I think this is just going around in circles here, we all have difference of opinions, can we all just get along now? Good.

Personally if i am wearing my pvc mac in public and someone comments or compliments on it i like it, thank them and smile, there again i suppose being that i like wearing them why wouldn’t i, i can see though someone acting creepy would pee me off if in public in day time, night time i would be more concerned.

You never know, you might be checking out my mac with me in it one day, say hi i love your mac where did you get it? I might reply, i think it was from either prinark or rianwear central, cant remember which and see if there was a reaction back... who knows, it might be one of you lot! We could have coffee, a natter and if your really nice, you can try on my mac ... just for size of course... lol xx
Lets get swishy!
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

Men following women is not just a rainwear fetish issue.
There are thousands of reasons why men do follow women.

"On another shoot a random guy started to follow us, we moved and he followed, when I approached him he said “I’m not doing anything wrong” we were in a public place so in fairness he wasn’t
When I told him he was making the model feel uncomfortable his response was “so what”
We abandoned the shoot and went for a coffee."

As said in that piece.

"I have no clue what attracted him, the girl, the mac, something else she was wearing maybe even the sight of me from behind, who knows but he was making someone else feel uncomfortable with his actions."

Life is never perfect. People are never perfect. Actions are never perfect.

As I have said before Personal Responsibility.