Rainwear Sighting in Cumbria

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
scotty

Re: Rainwear Sighting in Cumbria

Post by scotty »

I would make a point of speaking and complementing her with the choice of rainwear. What have you got to loose.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

scotty wrote: March 21st, 2019, 7:30 am I would make a point of speaking and complementing her with the choice of rainwear. What have you got to loose.
"What have you got to loose" Nothing except your self respect and respect for others who may not welcome your uninvited attention because of the way they are dressed

The OP wasn't just talking about paying the woman a compliment, he also

Followed her for a while, wanted to take a 'sneaky' picture and wanted to get behind her at the check-out

In the real world this is called stalking

Imagine the effect on some poor innocent woman being stalked by a stranger just because they chose to wear a raincoat in the rain
rainwear-experience

boundmacman wrote: March 20th, 2019, 9:54 pm The perfect description of a pvc admirer..to shy to approach and talk - total fear of a wearer in denial of a love of pvc! Think we need to overcome the fear and go for it|
"total fear of a wearer in denial of a love of pvc"

What absolute tosh, woman wearing a raincoat in the rain probably isn't in denial of a love of PVC they are trying to stay dry
rainwear-experience

rukkacrazy wrote: March 21st, 2019, 9:56 am i talked to a few girls/women who worn pvc raincoats in public. Diffrerent reactions. "Oh this old thing? oh well thanks" or "uhm okey?" "Oh thank you very much, i like its color , happy to hear you like it" The reactions depends on the persons personality and how u walk up and talk to them, i do it in a happy and relaxed way.
But you're not going to try and persuade me you got a positive reaction from everyone you spoke to are you?

Its unlikely you'd get such a positive reaction if you'd been glued to the persons backside for half an hour while they walked around the supermarket
northernbloke

Post by northernbloke »

rainwear-experience wrote: March 21st, 2019, 10:12 am
rukkacrazy wrote: March 21st, 2019, 9:56 am i talked to a few girls/women who worn pvc raincoats in public. Diffrerent reactions. "Oh this old thing? oh well thanks" or "uhm okey?" "Oh thank you very much, i like its color , happy to hear you like it" The reactions depends on the persons personality and how u walk up and talk to them, i do it in a happy and relaxed way.
But you're not going to try and persuade me you got a positive reaction from everyone you spoke to are you?

Its unlikely you'd get such a positive reaction if you'd been glued to the persons backside for half an hour while they walked around the supermarket

Now lets get one thing straight here ! You have taken out of context what I said. I was not "glued to her backside for half an hour while she walked around the supermarket" I saw her at a distance..I did get a little closer to her, but not close enough that she would have complained ! I did not follow her around the store, as I had other real life things to do, like getting my shopping ! Yes, it would have been interesting to get a photo of her, but that was in my fantasy and would never EVER have happened without her permission. And just like my desire to walk up to her and pay her and her PVC Mac a compliment,..that was also a FANTASY which I could never have carried out !

So can we please stop this story about stalking the woman for gods sake. I wish I had never posted anything on here. In future I will think twice about it. I am sorry I have offended anyone !
rainwear-experience

There does seem to be quite a lot of fantasy in this type of post

There seems to be a little bit of contradiction too, in your first post you said:

“I followed her for a while” but now you say “I did not follow her around the store” surely you did or you didn’t

Rather than think twice before posting why not think twice before following anyone, it may encourage others to think that sort behaviour is quite normal
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

I have read this article and find no inconsistencies in it, let alone anything that suggests 'stalking'. I think most of us true mack lovers would have acted in a similar way, keeping our distance and abstaining from taking a photo. I think that some on here are missing the point entirely, and creating a problem where non exists.
rainwear-experience

mackintoshed wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 11:24 am I have read this article and find no inconsistencies in it, let alone anything that suggests 'stalking'. I think most of us true mack lovers would have acted in a similar way, keeping our distance and abstaining from taking a photo. I think that some on here are missing the point entirely, and creating a problem where non exists.
So saying one minute:

“I followed her for a while”

And then saying:

“I did not follow her around the store”

Isn't inconsistent?

Maybe 'stalking' is a little strong in this case but I'm sure it happens

I suppose it depends what you mean by "keeping our distance" I tend to look and then get on with what I'm doing, I dont follow or need to create fantasies about the scene so maybe Im not a "true mack lover"

If being a "true mac lover" means having no respect for others then guilty as charged but I prefer to live in the real world rather than a fantasy
Priscilla

Post by Priscilla »

Children, children! This is a squabble over nothing. All 9f you, go put on your pretty macs and go out into the rain, enjoy yourselves, and forget this little spot.
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

Fantasy is the reason we are on this site. I think most of us here laments the rarity of mack sightings. We are overwhelmed with contrived, studio based, images of beautiful people in mackintoshes, so when we see something genuine, and in the flesh, we tend to act irrationally. So, well done that man for acting in a rational manner.