Aussie Rainwear folks

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
southernrub

Aussie Rainwear folks

Post by southernrub »

Hello, are there any rainwear folks on this site from Australia?.... we would like to contact those that are for chat and to share info about our fantastic Fetish.
rubberdee

Re: Aussie Rainwear folks

Post by rubberdee »

Are you thinking of those fantastic Dunlop rubber raincoats of the 50's ?
I'm not an Aussie, by the way, but I do remember seeing pictures of them, way back.
mason

Post by mason »

I'm from Melbourne and yes, I remember those absolutely fab raincoats <3
mrbassman101

Post by mrbassman101 »

There are lots of pics of these fabulous rubber macs on Pinterest and Flickr FWIW .
Dunlopreversible

Post by Dunlopreversible »

I'm from Australia and have several variations of the Dunlop raincoats, a ladies rubber-lined with hood, two small Dunlop Black reversibles and a green rubber reversible on tan-coloured cotton. It always surprises me that Australia had four different companies (Dunlop, Hardie, Bramac and NARM) producing variations of the reversible rubber raincoat but no other country (to my knowledge) manufactured them. I'm almost finished making a reversibe rubber raincoat in the reversible Dunlop style using Rakjumar black polished rubberised cotton.
southernrub

Post by southernrub »

Thanks for your reply, we still have several of the above mentioned Rubber raincoats, plus many others as well, Rubber Macs and Capes from Weather or Not, Weathervain, Kleppers from Germany etc etc......wearing these fantastic Rubber Coats/Capes with Rubber Boots/Waders is just so much fun, hope you enjoy doing the same...... Cheers for now