Recent Raincoats keep smelling like smoke

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainwear-experience
Posts: 1927
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Re: Recent Raincoats keep smelling like smoke

Post by rainwear-experience » March 2nd, 2019, 9:31 am

rainwearseeker wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 4:01 am
I don't think it was the vendors especially when one of the raincoats I bought came from the same seller and had no smoke. that is why I suspect it is a the deliverer because everyone that came from USPS smelled like smoke in the past months.
Well if you suspect it’s the UPS driver contact UPS and tell them of your suspicions, it’s unlikely it’s UPS company policy to smoke around customers deliveries so sounds like a local issue

Considering the number of issues you have with sellers, other buyers and delivery companies would it not be less stressful to find another interest

rainwearseeker
Posts: 258
Joined: April 5th, 2017, 10:49 am

Re: Recent Raincoats keep smelling like smoke

Post by rainwearseeker » March 2nd, 2019, 9:48 am

rainwear-experience wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 9:31 am
rainwearseeker wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 4:01 am
I don't think it was the vendors especially when one of the raincoats I bought came from the same seller and had no smoke. that is why I suspect it is a the deliverer because everyone that came from USPS smelled like smoke in the past months.
Well if you suspect it’s the UPS driver contact UPS and tell them of your suspicions, it’s unlikely it’s UPS company policy to smoke around customers deliveries so sounds like a local issue

Considering the number of issues you have with sellers, other buyers and delivery companies would it not be less stressful to find another interest
first of all, in the past near 2 years that I was collecting raincoats, I almost never had this issue except for one moment where the seller told me he did smoke so it might have been exposed to that (he refunded me for the raincoat). the other sellers told me they did not smell any smoke or it was just simply old. the fact that the past few raincoats I got continuously from USPS all had that same smell, which is why I suspect one of the deliverers is smoking.

rainwear-experience
Posts: 1927
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Re: Recent Raincoats keep smelling like smoke

Post by rainwear-experience » March 2nd, 2019, 10:51 am

Apologies, I thought you were the person bleating on about ebay, buyers who out bid you because they bid ridiculous amounts and sellers being greedy for asking too high a price
Now that we’ve cleared that up why don’t you contact UPS about the problem, you seem to have convinced yourself its their drivers

spitfire617
Posts: 1655
Joined: August 26th, 2013, 9:20 am
Contact:

Re: Recent Raincoats keep smelling like smoke

Post by spitfire617 » March 2nd, 2019, 11:12 am

rainwear-experience wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 10:51 am
Apologies, I thought you were the person bleating on about ebay, buyers who out bid you because they bid ridiculous amounts and sellers being greedy for asking too high a price
Now that we’ve cleared that up why don’t you contact UPS about the problem, you seem to have convinced yourself its their drivers
I suspect it is the bag they are packed in.

rainwear-experience
Posts: 1927
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Re: Recent Raincoats keep smelling like smoke

Post by rainwear-experience » March 2nd, 2019, 11:48 am

spitfire617 wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 11:12 am
rainwear-experience wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 10:51 am
Apologies, I thought you were the person bleating on about ebay, buyers who out bid you because they bid ridiculous amounts and sellers being greedy for asking too high a price
Now that we’ve cleared that up why don’t you contact UPS about the problem, you seem to have convinced yourself its their drivers
I suspect it is the bag they are packed in.
Good point, I believe I read somewhere that some cheaper recycled bags smell of smoke because of the way they recycle the plastic, however this doesn’t seem to apply to the OP as it looks like he is talking about cardboard boxes
Still don’t understand why the OP doesn’t contact the delivery company, that would be the obvious thing to do IMO
rainwearseeker wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 1:35 pm
Could the card board boxes get exposed to the smoke?

spitfire617
Posts: 1655
Joined: August 26th, 2013, 9:20 am
Contact:

Re: Recent Raincoats keep smelling like smoke

Post by spitfire617 » March 2nd, 2019, 3:20 pm

rainwear-experience wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 11:48 am
spitfire617 wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 11:12 am
rainwear-experience wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 10:51 am
Apologies, I thought you were the person bleating on about ebay, buyers who out bid you because they bid ridiculous amounts and sellers being greedy for asking too high a price
Now that we’ve cleared that up why don’t you contact UPS about the problem, you seem to have convinced yourself its their drivers
I suspect it is the bag they are packed in.
Good point, I believe I read somewhere that some cheaper recycled bags smell of smoke because of the way they recycle the plastic, however this doesn’t seem to apply to the OP as it looks like he is talking about cardboard boxes
Still don’t understand why the OP doesn’t contact the delivery company, that would be the obvious thing to do IMO
rainwearseeker wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 1:35 pm
Could the card board boxes get exposed to the smoke?
Boxes can smell to!

rainwear-experience
Posts: 1927
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Re: Recent Raincoats keep smelling like smoke

Post by rainwear-experience » March 2nd, 2019, 3:25 pm

"Boxes can smell to!"

Certainly boxes aren't to be sniffed at :) Just never heard anything about it being common for them smelling of smoke

raincoatboy
Posts: 494
Joined: June 22nd, 2013, 9:14 pm
Location: Austin, TX.

Re: Recent Raincoats keep smelling like smoke

Post by raincoatboy » March 3rd, 2019, 12:55 am

Just leave the raincoat out on the open for a few months. The smell will wear off.

User avatar
marcus_germany
Posts: 111
Joined: March 12th, 2017, 4:20 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Recent Raincoats keep smelling like smoke

Post by marcus_germany » March 9th, 2019, 12:30 am

Maybe in the Factory were The card boards are produced someone smokes during work?
PVC is sexy.

thighbootman
Posts: 40
Joined: September 7th, 2018, 9:21 pm

Re: Recent Raincoats keep smelling like smoke

Post by thighbootman » March 9th, 2019, 7:56 am

Hang a couple of coats in the hallway and invite him in next time and see if anything develops

Post Reply