Mary Quant

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Macklovin

Mary Quant

Post by Macklovin »

I saw an advert recently, for an up coming exhibition of clothing designed and created by Mary Quant.
The exhibition will be held at the The V & A Museum in London, from the 6th of April and will continue for nearly one year.
As we know, Mary loved shiny PVC and gave us some wonderful, colourful designs and styles of PVC clothing and especially shiny macs.
Apparently, she was so keen on it, that she had rooms in her house decorated with sheets of it. Definitely our kind of woman.
I suppose it could be argued that she inspired many to wear PVC and to make it so fashionable, during the height of it's popularity. I suspect she helped create a lot of PVC fetishism. She certainly still inspires me.
The exhibition will have an area designated to her shiny PVC macs and many macs have been donated from Mary Quant's, many fans.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's really looking forward to getting along to this PVC display, armed with a camera and suitably dressed. ;)
shinymacs

Re: MARY QUANT

Post by shinymacs »

Definitely worth a visit !! I hope there are a few pvc mac wearers around on the day I go !!
Macklovin

Re: Mary Quant

Post by Macklovin »

Yes, I will definitely be wearing one of my shiny black macs ! Couldn't resist !