Macs in the media.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
tiger4macs

Re: Macs in the media.

Post by tiger4macs »

Hotwilly, did you see the Roadshow programme in which the rain was absolutely hammering down and darling Fiona wore a parka with the hood up? She looks mighty cute in a hood, even a strictly utilitarian one!
Wendy Craig did herself no favours getting involved in pathetic, unfunny "comedies"; she's actually very attractive (I think) and could have done a lot better for herself. Just saying...
MacRobin

Post by MacRobin »

Apologies newbeech2000, you were in there first with the correct title of the movie and I was remiss to dive in hastily and not credit you. Not only that, but having gone on utube, I discover that my recollection is also wrong. They didn’t sweep up the hill towards Cross Hills Church in the rain with all the spectators wearing rubber mackintoshes, they swept down the hill from Cross Hills Church in bright sunshine and only a few local girls wore rubber mackintoshes because they were the girls and we know them, who declared that nothing, not even bright sun, will come between them and their mackintosh. Daphne springs to mind.
travis28

Post by travis28 »

The amazing and talented Julianne Moore in Assassins.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112401/?r ... lmg_act_76

https://youtu.be/wbROoMNi8Ho
susanmacintosh

Post by susanmacintosh »

MacRobin wrote: February 27th, 2019, 12:04 am Hey susanmacintosh, you are so right about that movie Two men and a bicycle? I was a small boy and it was filmed in our part of Yorkshire. My older sister went out to watch as they biked through our village on the way to Bolton Abbey and ordered me to stay at home in case I was caught on camera and spoiled the film. Eventually, they arranged a special showing of it in our village institute and although only 8, I was allowed to attend. There was indeed a scene and I must try and find it on YouTube, when the cyclists all ride up the hill in Cross Hills, towards the church before sweeping left towards what would be Kildwick and Silsden. Just before the T junction, the crowd on the left contained quite a few what must have been local girls in rubber macks. It was raining in the film. I must have gasped “wow” in the institute, because later my sister, with narrowed eyes said “I didn’t know you liked cycling. “I don’t.

I tried to find the movie and I wonder . . . Could it have been “A boy a girl and a bike.”? That was Honor Blackman, 1949 phew, although for some reason, I thought Gracie Fields was in it.
Yes it was "A boy , a girl and a bike". It was on Talking Pictures a couple of weeks ago. I know what you mean about going "Wow!" when there is a mackintosh on screen. I still have to control myself when my wife and I are watching something on the TV and a plastic mac or something like comes up on the screen.
susanmacintosh

Post by susanmacintosh »

Does anyone else feel like me that whenever a nice mackintosh is shown on screen, whether rubber, plastic or nylon, it is for an all too brief time, and then the camera moves on. So frustrating!
susanmacintosh

Post by susanmacintosh »

Re: the Antique Road show. I always find it is worth looking at the people standing in the background in this programme and ones like Flog It!, especially on a rainy day. They did a programme recently celebrating some anniversary of the road show, and there was one from the 90s I think, with a spectator in a lovely shiny black PVC mack. Made my mouth water just looking at it. Similarly on a recent episode of Flog It from some cathedral there was a woman sitting in the background in a gorgeous black PVC mac. Fortunately the camera picked her out several times so I got a good look at it.
Taffmac

Post by Taffmac »

A head's up. the film "A boy, a girl ad a bike" is being shown on the Talking Pictures channel again tomorrow, Thursday, 29th August at 5:20 pm.
Straitjacketed

(Deleted)

Post by Straitjacketed »

(Deleted)
Last edited by Straitjacketed on December 30th, 2021, 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pvcdream

Post by Pvcdream »

tiger4macs wrote: February 27th, 2019, 12:13 am Hotwilly, did you see the Roadshow programme in which the rain was absolutely hammering down and darling Fiona wore a parka with the hood up? She looks mighty cute in a hood, even a strictly utilitarian one!
Wendy Craig did herself no favours getting involved in pathetic, unfunny "comedies"; she's actually very attractive (I think) and could have done a lot better for herself. Just saying...
Anybody happen to have a link as she is stunning ☔️☔️❤️
Jimson45

Post by Jimson45 »

A boy, a girl, and a bike (1949)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRt1gZqg5ag
brief views at 1:14:54 – 1:15:09 were all I saw…
and Honor Blackman is great!- thanks!