GO Travel raincoat

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
plasphil

GO Travel raincoat

Post by plasphil »

I've been searching for a Go Travel mans raincoat for a long time and they rarely appear on e-bay etc. Found this today but it's just another thieving bastard asking silly money!

Phil

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312364479640
merv

Re: GO Travel raincoat

Post by merv »

will be interesting to see how it goes. I had one awhile back which I bought on ebay for about a fiver, it was that little too small so put it back again, Ray very kindly let me use a picture of his with a busty female modelling it and it made a healthy profit. I always wonder if the buyer thought they may be getting said female or were turned on by the fact she had been wearing it (which she hadn't of course).
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

plasphil wrote: December 13th, 2018, 4:44 pm I've been searching for a Go Travel mans raincoat for a long time and they rarely appear on e-bay etc. Found this today but it's just another thieving bastard asking silly money!

Phil

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312364479640
They are joking!!
kulshan

Post by kulshan »

I got one or two of these several years ago. They are magnificent. Smooth material and a little on the stiff side so they crackle some when you go out, especially in colder weather. Still have one of them somplace - guess I should get it out now that we are into the rain and wet!
Waterproofs

Post by Waterproofs »

Waterproofs

Post by Waterproofs »

spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

I still have one in it packet.
I got two one has been worn the other pristine!
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

I see the bidding has ended but there were three bids so someone with more money than sense paid over £40 for it. However, I guess it's cheap compared to the PUL 'traditional' mans raincoat which costs over £50 plus a lot of postage.

Phil
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

merv wrote: December 13th, 2018, 4:49 pm will be interesting to see how it goes. I had one awhile back which I bought on ebay for about a fiver, it was that little too small so put it back again, Ray very kindly let me use a picture of his with a busty female modelling it and it made a healthy profit. I always wonder if the buyer thought they may be getting said female or were turned on by the fact she had been wearing it (which she hadn't of course).
Mine didn't come with the busty female either, pity :(
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Ray wrote: December 20th, 2018, 12:01 pm
merv wrote: December 13th, 2018, 4:49 pm will be interesting to see how it goes. I had one awhile back which I bought on ebay for about a fiver, it was that little too small so put it back again, Ray very kindly let me use a picture of his with a busty female modelling it and it made a healthy profit. I always wonder if the buyer thought they may be getting said female or were turned on by the fact she had been wearing it (which she hadn't of course).
Mine didn't come with the busty female either, pity :(
I also had a few of the, ladies, White GO Travel macs, if I remember correctly they might of had different colour drawstrings (I'll look out the images sometime) one of the macs was actually given to me by one of the models I worked with, it had belonged to an older relative