Vintage...I don't think so!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
plasphil

Vintage...I don't think so!

Post by plasphil »

Found this 'rare' raincoat on Etsy. It is claimed to be from the 1970's but looks like a recent PUL product to me? Only £74.34 + £19.41 shipping to the UK, what planet are these people on!

Phil

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/6617983 ... ch_click=1
Bill_P

Re: Vintage...I don't think so!

Post by Bill_P »

Is that even PUL? It looks more like one of those cheap Chinese EVA raincoats that are all over eBay & Amazon these days for like 15 bucks
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

Is that even PUL? It looks more like one of those cheap Chinese EVA raincoats that are all over eBay & Amazon these days for like 15 bucks
merv

Post by merv »

I suppose if you want real vintage this gem is only £100 on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAKAMAC-Vint ... 6016.l4276

one of the latter cheap n nasty Chinese pakamacs from their latter days, form an orderly queue everybody
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

I see many misleading descriptions. most of the time I find a rubber raincoat listed, it is really pvc.
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

I have had that problem time and time again, description saying it's rubber and it is obviously pvc. Even had one of our cousins in the USA telling me they were the same thing !
sergiouk

Post by sergiouk »

Or if you're only interested in the fun side rather than the authenticity you could get essentially the same thing from AliExpress for about a fiver.