The different sounds of water on plastic bonnets

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Stephie

The different sounds of water on plastic bonnets

Post by Stephie » October 24th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Hiya
Recently I wore different material plastic bonnets/ rain scarves in the shower. The sound as you know on crinkly plastic and soft vinyl is noticeably different.

On a clear bonnets the sound is louder under a shower jet whereas wearing a soft vinyl rain scarf the sound of cascading water is softer.

Obviously, you can only experience this outside in really heavy rain which I have occasionally.

Anyone else noticed this wearing different materials and types of rain hats, such as rain bonnets, rain scarves, attached hoods, bucket hats and sou’westers in plastic, soft vinyl, PVC and rubber?
💋💋😘👄💄☔️😘🚿👱‍♀️👩🏼

stephdormed@gmail.com

scotty

Re: The different sounds of water on plastic bonnets

Post by scotty » October 28th, 2018, 7:20 pm

I got caught in a rain shower one day with a girl I knew from work, she offered her spare rain bonnet which i reluctantly accepted.
I always remember the pitter patter of the rain on the plastic. It did keep me dry.

Stephie

Post by Stephie » October 30th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Hi Scotty
That’s quite lovely and sweet of her to offer you a rain bonnet. I guess it may have been feeling silly or self
conscious in a plastic bonnet in men’s garb.
Steph is very much an indoor gal so she wears and models her bonnets indoors.
Her male alter ego, Stevie has worn “innocuous” looking bonnets in the past, a “boxy” design from the old Plastique Unique with a soft beige ladies matt PVC fly front raincoat and also a black shiny rainbonnet inside out, matt surface showing with a matt black Muji men’s freecut plastic raincoat. ☔️
😘😘
Steph 👩🏼👗👠

yellowgirl

Post by yellowgirl » October 30th, 2018, 6:11 pm

yes I have noticed the sound of a plastic bonnet in the shower is louder then the rain but it still works and looks sexy on us.Nice to see that woman offer her spare rain bonnet,she must love seeing other people in them.Thanks for the post must now wear my southwestern rain bonnet in the shower to hear the noise and water cascading over it onto my rain coat