Mackintosh

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainwear-experience

Re: Mackintosh

Post by rainwear-experience » November 19th, 2018, 5:22 pm

merv wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 4:42 pm
mackintoshed wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 3:23 pm
I think the problem here lies firmly with the Merv character. He has been more than rude and confrontational, he has been aggressive. I am told that his behaviour has been noted in the past and on other threads. So those remarks directed at him, by myself and others, merely represent our frustration at his continued presence on this site. We all know about freedom of expression, but with that comes responsibility. Merv clearly doesn't have the capacity to understand this.
thank you Judge Rinder!
I thought Judge Rinder was intelligent and had a sense of humour :D

regenhoedje

Post by regenhoedje » November 19th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Always the same jokers, not much will ever change in this forum.

Rainwearboy
Site Admin

Post by Rainwearboy » November 20th, 2018, 7:26 am

Keep it clean guys, I'll delete bad language but for the rest I assume you are all adults that can behave in a suitable manner.

Sophie-Cagoule

Post by Sophie-Cagoule » November 26th, 2018, 10:44 am

To get back to the topic (please folks :) xxx )

Always found the word Plastic Mac much more sexier than Macintosh for me or pac a mac more fun and lighter, i guess like the garments, each word or term has a different mental association for us all :)

Soph x

Mightymach

Post by Mightymach » December 14th, 2018, 6:56 pm

mackintoshed wrote:
September 15th, 2018, 8:50 pm
Anyone on here, who loves macks, also love the sound of the word 'mackintosh'?
The word mackintosh always conjures up the sight and sound and smell of rubber.Mac can be both rubber or plastic (pvc).The Who’s song Substitute (I see right through your plastic Mac) always makes me think of nudity under the Mac the sight of someone like this and the thoughts of what it must feel like and experience. Similarly rubber thoughts,is she naked under it and what she is feeling if so,also the sound of being in a rubber mackintosh and listening to its crackling when caressed

tiger4macs

Post by tiger4macs » January 10th, 2019, 2:00 am

I agree with mightymach: the very word mackintosh, especially when whispered, is by coincidence deliciously onomatopoeic: whisper it loudly and you can hear the swish and rustle! And the word sure as hell gets my attention too! My thanks to all Scots ancestors for the name!

Just think: if it had been Charles Abernethy, or Bottomley, or Claridge etc.... would it have sounded so good? NO WAY!

rubberdee

Post by rubberdee » January 10th, 2019, 9:19 am

Just think: if it had been Charles Abernethy, or Bottomley, or Claridge etc.... would it have sounded so good? NO WAY!
Certainly can't fault that line of argument :D

rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience » January 10th, 2019, 10:23 am

tiger4macs wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 2:00 am
I agree with mightymach: the very word mackintosh, especially when whispered, is by coincidence deliciously onomatopoeic: whisper it loudly and you can hear the swish and rustle! And the word sure as hell gets my attention too! My thanks to all Scots ancestors for the name!

Its probably because someone is spitting in your ear :)

Domino

Post by Domino » January 10th, 2019, 11:40 am

Joking aside, the problem I have with it is that it is just plain wrong. It comes from the name of the inventor of the original material, Charles Macintosh. He simply didn't have a 'k' in his name. Would we readily accept 'berbury' or 'barber' or even 'huver' or 'byro'? Would we think "Ooh, how trendy! Here's a new way of spelling it. Must follow suit." or would we think "How ignorant!" ?
Wikipedia says "the variant spelling is now standard" but what they mean is "the mis-spelling is now out of control".

spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 » January 10th, 2019, 2:35 pm

Domino wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 11:40 am
Joking aside, the problem I have with it is that it is just plain wrong. It comes from the name of the inventor of the original material, Charles Macintosh. He simply didn't have a 'k' in his name. Would we readily accept 'berbury' or 'barber' or even 'huver' or 'byro'? Would we think "Ooh, how trendy! Here's a new way of spelling it. Must follow suit." or would we think "How ignorant!" ?
Wikipedia says "the variant spelling is now standard" but what they mean is "the mis-spelling is now out of control".
Where did the "K" come from anyway?