Mackintosh

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
mackintoshed

Mackintosh

Post by mackintoshed »

Anyone on here, who loves macks, also love the sound of the word 'mackintosh'?
merv

Re: Mackintosh

Post by merv »

no, its only used by the prissy TVs who frequent these pages, to anybody else its a mac
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

I think you are a little misguided,, lad. I fail to see why you're so confrontational, and feel you can speak for everyone else. Perhaps your bitterness should be kept to yourself.
merv

Post by merv »

mackintoshed wrote: September 16th, 2018, 5:30 am I think you are a little misguided,, lad. I fail to see why you're so confrontational, and feel you can speak for everyone else. Perhaps your bitterness should be kept to yourself.
not at all, you asked a question and i gave my opinion. The fact you may not share my opinion is perfectly cool
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

Well, I like the term mackintosh and I am not a TV by any means.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Back in the day some of the more "mature" members of the original Mackintosh Society could sometimes get a bit shall we say pedantic about the word, which they considered should only be used when referring to rubberised garments (as distinct from the newfangled plastic and PVC ones). I think it has a certain attraction when spoken by a woman in a "knowing" sort of way.
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

As "Mac" is abbreviation of Mackintoshe how can it be deemed " sissy/tv)?
Mackintosh is the full name for the garment so no harm in calling it that
I have no old fashioned / rubberised Mackintoshes but have had the pleasure of wearing ones owned by an other, worn naked it was wonderful.
I am neither sissy or tv but really enjoyed the sensation of wearing a real Mackintosh , naked and added to by being bound and hooded
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

Thank you all for joining in on this chat, although this Merv character needs to distinguish between offering an opinion, and outright aggression. But frankly, he doesn't really matter. I agree with WealdenMac, a mackintosh (with lower case m) is a generic term for any raincoat, whereas an uppercase 'M' pertains to the brand. And like Blackmacjay infer's ones gender, or orientation, is not necessarily reflected in our vocabulary.
Smooth and shiny

Post by Smooth and shiny »

Mac or macintosh, the sound of either word gets my attention. But the real pleasure is wearing it
Sophie-Cagoule

Post by Sophie-Cagoule »

Whats wrong with trans folks wearing mac’s, Macintosh’s etc? Do you have something against us? If so I don’t think your welcome here. We are from all walks of life and transphobia, homophobia is not welcome!!!