Mackintosh

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
spitfire617
Posts: 1674
Joined: August 26th, 2013, 9:20 am
Contact:

Re: Mackintosh

Post by spitfire617 » January 12th, 2019, 12:38 pm

rainwear-experience wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 12:31 pm
mackintoshed wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 12:04 pm
Nice to see some intelligent input by rainwer-experience. The bigoted 'Right', after all, have never been noted for their debating skills.
Well I've been accused of a lot of things in my years but never of belonging to "The bigoted 'Right'" :lol: :lol: :lol:

In one very small part of Wales the phrase "sense of humour" seems to have gone missing

Why not spend some quality time with yourself and try to remove the chip from your shoulder and the clouds from your eyes and lighten up
Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

blackmacjay
Posts: 534
Joined: February 4th, 2010, 7:32 pm

Re: Mackintosh

Post by blackmacjay » January 12th, 2019, 12:53 pm

At last I am part of "The Bigoted Right".

As soon as a topic comes in which I am interested, I'll take on whoever has the opposite view.

rainwear-experience
Posts: 1951
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Re: Mackintosh

Post by rainwear-experience » January 12th, 2019, 12:56 pm

spitfire617 wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 12:38 pm
rainwear-experience wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 12:31 pm
mackintoshed wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 12:04 pm
Nice to see some intelligent input by rainwer-experience. The bigoted 'Right', after all, have never been noted for their debating skills.
Well I've been accused of a lot of things in my years but never of belonging to "The bigoted 'Right'" :lol: :lol: :lol:

In one very small part of Wales the phrase "sense of humour" seems to have gone missing

Why not spend some quality time with yourself and try to remove the chip from your shoulder and the clouds from your eyes and lighten up
Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rainwear-experience
Posts: 1951
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Re: Mackintosh

Post by rainwear-experience » January 12th, 2019, 1:05 pm

blackmacjay wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 12:53 pm
At last I am part of "The Bigoted Right".

As soon as a topic comes in which I am interested, I'll take on whoever has the opposite view.
Troll - JOKE (just in case someone takes offence)

Joke definition: 1. something, such as a funny story or trick, that is said or done in order to make people laugh
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... glish/joke

Taken from an English Dictionary so may mean something different in other Countries

mackintoshed
Posts: 54
Joined: March 24th, 2016, 1:31 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: Mackintosh

Post by mackintoshed » January 12th, 2019, 1:48 pm

There we go, missing the point again. I'm wondering what the other things that you have been accused of amounted to?

rainwear-experience
Posts: 1951
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Re: Mackintosh

Post by rainwear-experience » January 13th, 2019, 1:54 pm

mackintoshed wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 1:48 pm
There we go, missing the point again. I'm wondering what the other things that you have been accused of amounted to?
"There we go" - goodie, where are we going and who make up the 'we'

"missing the point again" - totally, I wasn't even aware there was meant to be a point so if there was I did miss it

"I'm wondering what the other things that you have been accused of amounted to?" - thank you for you interest but they amounted to nothing because like "There we go" it means nothing its just a phrase

Lighten up, don’t take things so literally and take the chips off your shoulders they'll ruin your rainwear

tiger4macs
Posts: 29
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 11:19 pm

Re: Mackintosh

Post by tiger4macs » January 25th, 2019, 9:31 pm

Domino's comments are very interesting, and I've always wondered about the various Scottish spellings of names, and the explanation of the meanings of the Gaelic was fascinating, I've always spelt the name as Mackintosh in this context simply because I didn't know any better. Now I must tidy up my act! HOWEVER... it doesn't really alter the pronunciation and it's the sounds that turn me on, not the spelling, oddly enough....come to think of it, has anyone met anyone who is aroused by spelling? That's a fetish I certainly never heard of!

Post Reply