PUL delivery!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
plasphil

PUL delivery!

Post by plasphil »

Just feeling a bit 'Mr Angry' at the moment.

Sent two separate orders to PUL last Sunday (3 items in stock) and received the usual generated e-mails confirming orders and accepting them on Monday. Heard nothing until one of the orders arrived (1 item) Thursday but received an e-mail on Friday saying it had been dispatched! and gave me the P O tracking number. I have found Post Office tracking numbers are totally useless anyway, they just tell you it is somewhere in their system.
I thought the other order would arrive Friday but no so had to wait in today (Saturday) and again no which is a pain in the arse as there was somewhere I wanted to go and so had to cancel. Tomorrow I have the whole day to myself and was looking forward to enjoying my new purchases but obviously not as much fun now.

With all due respect to Garry and his hard working team, when you're paying £7 or more for P&P, the service should be better.

Phil.
Kinky-In-Scotland

Re: PUL delivery!

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

I have to wholeheartedly agree Phil, I recently ordered a rainsuit in the heavy blue/yellow PVC and I too got the auto generated emails, my rainsuit had to be manufactured so I have no complaints about the time it took to arrive, but I paid £10.24 in P+P which would have more than covered next day delivery as I weighed the suit and checked on the royal mail website, yet my order was sent out 2nd class signed for, you're paying good money for the items you buy as it is without being stung on the postage as well, I'll be looking around for a better deal in future.
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
Izzitpvc

Post by Izzitpvc »

I too agree, I always felt the postage was "a little pricey" for the size, weight & second class post, signed for?, I have never been asked to sign for any delivery, PUL might wish to have a word with "Royal Mail", the tracking number is useless, so I ask what is the point? I wish to make it clear I love the products that I have purchased. My other issue with the delivery is you are never sure after dispatch when it might arrive, I personally do not wish these items left with a neighbour if I am out, just in case they open it by mistake. I would feel a bit awkward!!! In fairness to PUL I should perhaps have raised my concerns with them directly but found there "contact us" bit on the website a bit hit or miss.
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

Hi Phil

£7 doesn't even touch the sides. The royal mail system was completely revamped 2 months ago and is totally useless. It can take up to 15 minutes to just book one parcel, so when you are paying someone near to £10 an hour it soon adds up. Not to mention wrapping the parcel completing admin and printing off labels etc. Courier companies offer a better service and their tracking is more meaningful but they are expensive. We are running PUL on a shoe string, if you guys think that there is profit in producing PVC garments in the UK think again, economically it doesn't make sense. The staff at PUL are stretched to the limit to keep the company going so I'm sorry your parcel arrived late but with the way retail is going and the cost of labour we probably will not be here this time next year. Gaz
merv

Post by merv »

As somebody who works for a UK company where most of the actual production is done offshore i fully appreciate the difficulties that Gary has to deal with. UK manufacturing is just about dead, it just is not economical. With regard to the postage situation maybe the answer is to increase the actual price of the goods by say three pounds and reduce the postage by the same. Smoke and mirrors I know but maybe that would appease the complainants
wetlookslicker

Post by wetlookslicker »

I can understand what Gary is dealing with . The trend for manufacturing in the western world is to produce high quality expensive items only as we just can't compete internationally on goods for the middle class. We have less automation more regulation and higher labour costs therefore as Gary says there is no net profit. To stay is business we changed our company name market a high end product and charge 5 times the price.
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

Kinky-In-Scotland wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 8:50 pm I have to wholeheartedly agree Phil, I recently ordered a rainsuit in the heavy blue/yellow PVC and I too got the auto generated emails, my rainsuit had to be manufactured so I have no complaints about the time it took to arrive, but I paid £10.24 in P+P which would have more than covered next day delivery as I weighed the suit and checked on the royal mail website, yet my order was sent out 2nd class signed for, you're paying good money for the items you buy as it is without being stung on the postage as well, I'll be looking around for a better deal in future.
Good luck with that.