Cheeky images thieves!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
travis28

Cheeky images thieves!

Post by travis28 »

OK...not impressed. This person swiped/borrowed some of my images (and those of other people) and expects donations/money!

Cheeky bugger....but should I ask them for a royalty fee? ;)

http://passion-hd-fashion-heel-vinyle.blogspot.co.uk
MacRobin

Re: Cheeky images thieves!

Post by MacRobin »

It certainly is extremely cheeky, harvesting other people’s images and then toting for donations. It is also theft of your intellectual property, since you own be copyright. I suspect that you might not be able to find a physical address for them but there are at least two things you can do. If they have a contact route, then tell them politely (I.e no swearing or bluntly accusing them of theft) that they have used your intellectual property without consent and are now liable for £100 basic fee for use of copyright images without consent and there will be £100 for each future violation. You are unlikely to get this however, from Internet charlatans. The other thing is more useful. When someone somehow acquired a scanned image of one of my books which I sell via Amazon KDP, and was toting it ‘free’ in return for donations to their site, I approached Amazon. They washed their hands of it since I was a self publisher and the pirate version wasn’t being sold through Amazon. However, they suggested I ask Google and other search engines to remove the site from searches. Google do not like showing pirate sites and after I filled out their on line form and included the url, the offending page disappeared from any attempt to google it. It wasn’t hard work. I also told the site (in India) what I had done, just so they knew how being a miscreant got their beloved web pages removed from search engines. Not compensation, but a modicum of grim revenge, which is right up my street.
travis28

Post by travis28 »

Actually, how likely is it to get compensation? Ack, just in disappointed mode right now.
TStorm56

Post by TStorm56 »

Contact them about the copyright violations and ask them to remove the images. I think the chances of receiving compensation are extremely low.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Sorry but compensation is unlikely

Not much point in trying to contact the person (Im in polite mode today) behind this, even if you can find them they are unlikely to respond and even if they do respond they'll no doubt expect you to be flattered that they have chosen you images!

I've always found the best thing to do is contact the hosting company and issue a take down notice

This person (still in polite mode) is using Blogger which is part of Google, here are there details regarding copyright

https://www.blogger.com/content.g?hl=en&bpli=1

https://support.google.com/legal/answer ... 23884&rd=2

I've had 100% success in the past when asking for images to be removed, large companies dont usually want the hassle so remove images fairly quickly

I'll be asking them to remove images which belong to me once I find some time to identify which images are mine
travis28

Post by travis28 »

Thanks both....as I say, not angry but disappointed. Maybe I should invite them across for tea and a chat? ;)