buying raincoats off ebay auctions

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
spitfire617

Re: buying raincoats off ebay auctions

Post by spitfire617 »

Kinky-In-Scotland wrote: March 26th, 2018, 11:41 pm
merv wrote: March 26th, 2018, 4:26 pm even worse, bought one recently from some woman who seems to go by the name rainkote (I see no reason why I shouldnt name and shame) and it absolutely reeked of smoke, how anybody can send something out in that condition is beyond me. Hopefully the negative feedback focused her mind
There seems to be a couple selling stuff on ebay through separate accounts, rainkote is one and vikinguser is the other but they've both only recently changed their user names, one was junk-from-the-shed and the other was slocky or something along those lines, they're both based in stoke on trent uk, I wouldn't trust either of them as far as I could throw them having already had a bad experience with one of them, let's see how many negative feedbacks it takes for them to change their user names again.
They also have a website called "Rainmac Trader"
http://rainmactrader.com/
For information purpose.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

I got a red raincoat from slocky. i noticed that account no longer exists.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

spitfire617 wrote: March 27th, 2018, 9:13 am
merv wrote: March 26th, 2018, 4:26 pm even worse, bought one recently from some woman who seems to go by the name rainkote (I see no reason why I shouldnt name and shame) and it absolutely reeked of smoke, how anybody can send something out in that condition is beyond me. Hopefully the negative feedback focused her mind
There seems to be a couple selling stuff on ebay through separate accounts, rainkote is one and vikinguser is the other but they've both only recently changed their user names, one was junk-from-the-shed and the other was slocky or something along those lines, they're both based in stoke on trent uk, I wouldn't trust either of them as far as I could throw them having already had a bad experience with one of them, let's see how many negative feedbacks it takes for them to change their user names again.
They also have a website called "Rainmac Trader"
http://rainmactrader.com/
For information purpose.
Looking at the website under http://www.rainmactrader.com/ebay_listings/ it says 'No active items' so maybe eBay have caught up with them

This is the real problem with eBay, the dishonest sellers, not getting out bid by someone willing to pay more
merv

Post by merv »

yes, it seems they keep changing user names now i have noticed abit more. Have to agree they are best avoided. perhaps ebay should not allow multiple accounts but hey, they make thev rules
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

what makes them dishonest sellers? the raincoat I got seems to be fine and it was reasonably priced. i got a green one from fionette as a buy it now price for over 200 USD and i was kind of disappointed that it was not the rubbery pvc i was expecting. I still kept it because I like the design.
rainwear-experience

rainwearseeker wrote: March 27th, 2018, 6:37 pm what makes them dishonest sellers? the raincoat I got seems to be fine and it was reasonably priced. i got a green one from fionette as a buy it now price for over 200 USD and i was kind of disappointed that it was not the rubbery pvc i was expecting. I still kept it because I like the design.
Excellent your experience of them is very good and so you should continue to buy from them if you so wish, it seems other people's experience hasn't been as positive as yours and probably wont use them again

Can you PM me your eBay user name so I can block you from bidding on any items I list as I cant see it being a positive experience
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Ray wrote: March 27th, 2018, 8:23 pm
rainwearseeker wrote: March 27th, 2018, 6:37 pm what makes them dishonest sellers? the raincoat I got seems to be fine and it was reasonably priced. i got a green one from fionette as a buy it now price for over 200 USD and i was kind of disappointed that it was not the rubbery pvc i was expecting. I still kept it because I like the design.
Excellent your experience of them is very good and so you should continue to buy from them if you so wish, it seems other people's experience hasn't been as positive as yours and probably wont use them again

Can you PM me your eBay user name so I can block you from bidding on any items I list as I cant see it being a positive experience
Ohhhh dear!
I admit I do not usually buy from private E bay sellers.
rainwear-experience

spitfire617 wrote: March 28th, 2018, 7:54 am

Ohhhh dear!
:lol: I dont blame you, of course I'm great, but some of the others are very shady indeed :lol:
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Ray wrote: March 28th, 2018, 9:34 am
spitfire617 wrote: March 28th, 2018, 7:54 am

Ohhhh dear!
:lol: I dont blame you, of course I'm great, but some of the others are very shady indeed :lol:
LOL LOL Shady Ray! Ebay tends to get expensive and bids get higher than the item is worth especially PVC and rubber raincoats.
One from an internet shop (A heavy Oilskin type coat cost £9.99 plus postage) The same item on E bay £40 plus postage.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

I have seen PUL rainsuits that you can get for about 70USD give or take for double the price from an ebay auction. I get that sellers want the item, but why spend so much on it wen it is not a discontinued item?