Searching - I give up!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
plasphil

Searching - I give up!

Post by plasphil »

I'm giving up searching for images, well almost!

The problem is I find very little to interest me these days. There is very little choice in image hosting sites, Google obviously dominate but not everything seems to be linked to Google so I'm sure there is a lot I never find. Most of the images keep coming up again and again and 70-80% have nothing to do with what I am searching for. If I find an image linked to Pinterest and click on it, most of the time it links to something else and I can't find it at all. There are dozens of people on there with rainwear images but they just keep re-posting them from each other, same goes for Flickr. I know there are other image hosting sites but I never look at them as they allow heavy advertising which I am never interested in.

Instagram is a pain in the arse nowadays. Eastern and Far Eastern companies seem to use it as free advertising, often posting the same picture ten or twenty times each day every day. So you have to scroll down through hundreds of images in the hope of finding something new of interest which is very rare. I don't understand some of the people that post pictures, I can't see the point. One girl the other day posted what would have been a nice picture but ruined it by painting cat like features on her face. Others seem so pleased to show off their new raincoat, they take a picture of themselves in the mirror but hide their face with the camera.

Roll on the festival season, at least there's a chance of something new.

Phil
TStorm56

Re: Searching - I give up!

Post by TStorm56 »

Searching is a mixed bag. I've found a few great pictures but most of them I had to filter out.

"Diamond in the rough" is the motto to take with searching!

Another thing, you should also learn to how optimize your results in search engines like Google. There are many guides and videos on how to do this. Being able to narrow the search helps a ton. For instance if I were looking for "vintage yellow raincoat" I would be cutting out results from places like eBay, etsy, Pinterest etc. I have been able to find rainwear to buy this way! The same goes for pictures.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

I agree with what you've said Phil it can be very frustrating but always good when you find something 'new'

I just checked google images for "vintage yellow raincoat"

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&t ... H7h5TIJ69o

The first result is from Pinterest and there's still a lot of dross comes up

and unless I'm missing something (now Paul, dont be rude, lol) you'd have to do 1000's of narrow searches
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

I take the point that you have to be specific in your searches, but what I really like to find is images of non-fetish women out there who want to show off their new look and will simply tag it as 'raincoat'. I have found that '#raincoat' comes up with totally different results.

Now then, what the hell do I do with umpteen thousand images I've gathered together over the last twenty years?!

Phil
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Ray wrote: March 2nd, 2018, 10:47 am I agree with what you've said Phil it can be very frustrating but always good when you find something 'new'

and unless I'm missing something (now Paul, dont be rude, lol) you'd have to do 1000's of narrow searches
Me rude????
Never!!
You miss lots of things.
rainwear-experience

spitfire617 wrote: March 2nd, 2018, 1:54 pm
Ray wrote: March 2nd, 2018, 10:47 am I agree with what you've said Phil it can be very frustrating but always good when you find something 'new'

Me rude????
Never!!
You miss lots of things.
Hee hee, I do miss lots of things but not often the point :D
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Ray wrote: March 2nd, 2018, 1:59 pm
spitfire617 wrote: March 2nd, 2018, 1:54 pm

Me rude????
Never!!
You miss lots of things.
Hee hee, I do miss lots of things but not often the point :D
lol lol
You know so well!!
rainwear-experience

plasphil wrote: March 2nd, 2018, 12:02 pm I take the point that you have to be specific in your searches, but what I really like to find is images of non-fetish women out there who want to show off their new look and will simply tag it as 'raincoat'. I have found that '#raincoat' comes up with totally different results.

Now then, what the hell do I do with umpteen thousand images I've gathered together over the last twenty years?!

Phil
"Now then, what the hell do I do with umpteen thousand images I've gathered together over the last twenty years?!"

I've deleted all the images I've found over the years I found I seldom looked at them and it became a pain to try and organise them so they ended up in the recycle bin

One of the reasons I started RWC was because I kept finding the same images over and over again and wanted to provide at least some new material to the internet - although they dont stay 'new' for long

I know what Phil means its great to find females who are showing off their raincoats because they just like them as raincoats, fashion

The girls on RWC were models being paid to wear raincoats so weren't 'ordinary' girls wearing them because they liked them (of course some liked them more than others) but they were the nearest I could get
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Ray wrote: March 2nd, 2018, 2:41 pm
plasphil wrote: March 2nd, 2018, 12:02 pm I take the point that you have to be specific in your searches, but what I really like to find is images of non-fetish women out there who want to show off their new look and will simply tag it as 'raincoat'. I have found that '#raincoat' comes up with totally different results.

Phil
"Now then, what the hell do I do with umpteen thousand images I've gathered together over the last twenty years?!"

I've deleted all the images I've found over the years I found I seldom looked at them and it became a pain to try and organise them so they ended up in the recycle bin

One of the reasons I started RWC was because I kept finding the same images over and over again and wanted to provide at least some new material to the internet - although they dont stay 'new' for long

I know what Phil means its great to find females who are showing off their raincoats because they just like them as raincoats, fashion

The girls on RWC were models being paid to wear raincoats so weren't 'ordinary' girls wearing them because they liked them (of course some liked them more than others) but they were the nearest I could get
It was a shame that your site folded.
But I can understand your reasons as your images were being "Shared" by others.
Finding ladies who wear macs/coats is difficult.
And finding locations is a pain too!
rainwearinme

Post by rainwearinme »

Hi Plasphil , I totally agree with you,
until PVC U LIKE put new items on display .