BBC TV - Julius Ceasar Revealed

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
cmp

Re: BBC TV - Julius Ceasar Revealed

Post by cmp »

Van Allan was a rainwear shop in the dim & distant past.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

plasphil wrote: February 26th, 2018, 11:01 am I don't really give a toss about people on here trying to analyse why we have fetishes. Personally, it's something I've had since childhood and sometimes it kind of relieves the stress of this mad world for a while. The thing is, it doesn't rule my life and I even went 'straight' for a while when I discovered girls!

I don't understand Klepperguy's statement - "Thankfully for those who wear them for pleasure and fun are few and far between"? By the way, being a former anorak, I think you mean IAN Allen.

Phil
I agree with everything that you have written.
Why analyse?
As Ray so nicely put there is no need to rush up to people and ask things.
It looks like stalking?
And as he said Wellies are a practical item too.

As I said in my response Colleen and I wear jackets and trousers for their "Natural" use. I.E protection from wind and rain when out and about. And in all the time we have worn them in public we have never had anybody "Rush" up to us.

The only time we have had a comment was when we were on a windy beach in winter when we were wearing our orange rainsuits.
Then it was a man and woman who said "You can be seen in those" But in a joking manner and not nastily.

Paul
KlepperGuy

Post by KlepperGuy »

Oh yes it was Ian Allen.............Van Allan Oh that's that place up in the air......... Often where some of my thoughts are.

You query........."Thankfully for those who wear them for pleasure and fun are few and far between"?

In the fetish world of Mackintosh Lovers...........we are in the minority and hopefully not going extinct.

In my early days of being a Mackintosh Society member, when I counted the original founders of the Society as friends (before they added the word International and also Mach2) we were a happy breed of mackintosh lovers and fans of those who wore them...........we were few and far between.

Then came an explosion of 'latex' wearing people discovering it was fun to have a fetish for rubber/latex. New companies sprung up and then folded just as quickly, only a few survived. The trouble was they could not compete back in the 60'70's with Sealwear (5* quality) and Kastley.

Great macks from Rubber Fashions of Salford, Weathervane and our favourite Lakeland Elements (or Monsoon or even Big6 in the early days.....if your memory goes back that far when Arthur set it up). Also, MacMac at Brimley Mill.

And from the good old days South Bucks Rainwear.........cheap and cheerful, so when money was short they could still provide and feed our pleasures.

So YES!!!! we were/are few and far between.......that is Mack and Rainwear lovers.

Rubber lovers are nowadays 'ten a penny'.........just look at the internet sites.

Regarding a 'fetish', the fetish folk I know have had the thoughts, feelings and derived pleasure from these materials and items since they were kids or early teens.................they did not discover it later in life as an addition/bonus to their sexual pleasures..............they grew up with these feelings and pleasures.

My late wife once described my likings as being part of me, just as much as having brown hair (salt and pepper nowadays) and it never goes away. Yes I have tried to overcome the feeling and shut it all away.............but it just comes back, that compulsion to see it, smell it, taste it, feel it, to wear it for both pleasure and as a friend.........it certainly was a FRIEND back in the late 90's after my wife died at 43.

Do I have a fetish for macks and some heavy duty rubber things, plus wellies and waders.........YES !!!!.........and I am proud of it........it is what makes me........ME.
..........and what about others who make jokes and take the P***.............Two fingers is what I have thought and used for years.

I am ME.................KLEPPERGUY........(or any other mack so long as its made of a fabric I appreciate), thankfully as I get older, my radar for mack spotting has not diminished.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Well that clears that up then
KlepperGuy

Post by KlepperGuy »

My goodness how an acorn can grow into a mighty oak tree.............this started off a light hearted conversation about a tv program and Mary Beard wearing a yellow rubberised mack and yellow Hunter wellies to present it

Just watch the program, enjoy the history and if you like what she is wearing then that's a bonus.

So to end this using the old Bugs Bunny type of ending............... ‘That’s all Folks’

and whether she has a fetish or not............."Frankly my dear....I don't give a damn", to quote Clark Gable
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

Quite right, KlepperGuy