BBC TV - Julius Ceasar Revealed

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
KlepperGuy

BBC TV - Julius Ceasar Revealed

Post by KlepperGuy »

Well if you like your history as do, I was intrigued by the program 'Julius Caesar Revealed' and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The bonus was Mary Beard appears to have worn a rubberised yellow mack throughout the whole program both in and outdoors. In addition, she also went paddling on a beach and in a stream in yellow Hunter wellies.

I have replayed the program and am sure the mack is rubberised.

Did anyone else see it ??

It is still available on BBC iPlayer......but also on Utube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpYD54NPiR8

It would be good if someone else thought the same as me..........and it was not just wishful thinking.

Thanks
Klepperguy
Domino

Re: BBC TV - Julius Ceasar Revealed

Post by Domino »

No, I did not see it, but I have just watched the You-Tube link.

Two points occur to me. Julius Caesar (and everyone in his time) would not have pronounced it as Mary Beard does. It would have been Yulius Kysar. And according to Sellar and Yeatman, he antagonised the Ancient Britons by calling them 'weeny, weedy and weaky.'

I think you're probably right about Mary's mac. Poor old Julius would have had to make do with a cloth cloak, though. :(
rubbermackintosh

Post by rubbermackintosh »

She wore a red pvc short mack throughout a previous series of programmes.

Does she have a fetish?
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

rubbermackintosh wrote: February 24th, 2018, 8:18 pm Does she have a fetish?
She seems to have a fetish for History, Rome and Yulius Kysar in particular

When will people stop speculating whether someone who wears a raincoat has a fetish

I wear socks everyday, i do not have a fetish for socks, they are practical, a raincoat is a practical piece of clothing it doesn't have to be associated with fetish and that association probably deters a lot of people
KlepperGuy

Post by KlepperGuy »

Personally.........'NO'.......... I don't think she has a 'fetish', she is just wearing it for being as a practical piece of clothing both for warmth and protection against the elements.

It is the likes of us who have the fetish, because we enjoy wearing a mack and seeing others wearing them.
In fact we even develop a built in 'radar' that can spot them and even hone in on a good mack from a distance, whatever the 'special' material it is made from that turns you on.

Thankfully for those who wear them for pleasure and fun are few and far between, that what makes us special or different from the everyday user.

But it is fun to enjoy being a 'mack' watcher and to derive pleasure watching a person wearing one, seeing how a 'mack' moves and sways as the person wearing it walks.
We all know that macks move in different ways depending on material and thickness.

Oh the joys of being a 'Mack' spotter................Thinking about trainspotting as a kid, can you imagine Van Allan bring out the 'Mack Watchers Guide', listing mack styles, makes and materials. Think of the fun of going 'Mack-Spotting' and ticking them off in your book, then going back home and enjoying the memories of a day-out Mack-Spotting and sharing the thrill with other enthusiasts..............put a whole new slant on the term 'Anorak'.

Oh well.............keep wearing your macks Mary and we will enjoy your programs.......and your macks.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Ray wrote: February 25th, 2018, 11:25 am

When will people stop speculating whether someone who wears a raincoat has a fetish

I wear socks everyday, i do not have a fetish for socks, they are practical, a raincoat is a practical piece of clothing it doesn't have to be associated with fetish and that association probably deters a lot of people
Ahhhh so you have been rumbled Ray!
Sock wearer! lol lol!
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

KlepperGuy wrote: February 25th, 2018, 5:35 pm Personally.........'NO'.......... I don't think she has a 'fetish', she is just wearing it for being as a practical piece of clothing both for warmth and protection against the elements.

It is the likes of us who have the fetish, because we enjoy wearing a mack and seeing others wearing them.
In fact we even develop a built in 'radar' that can spot them and even hone in on a good mack from a distance, whatever the 'special' material it is made from that turns you on.

Thankfully for those who wear them for pleasure and fun are few and far between, that what makes us special or different from the everyday user.

But it is fun to enjoy being a 'mack' watcher and to derive pleasure watching a person wearing one, seeing how a 'mack' moves and sways as the person wearing it walks.
We all know that macks move in different ways depending on material and thickness.

Oh the joys of being a 'Mack' spotter................Thinking about trainspotting as a kid, can you imagine Van Allan bring out the 'Mack Watchers Guide', listing mack styles, makes and materials. Think of the fun of going 'Mack-Spotting' and ticking them off in your book, then going back home and enjoying the memories of a day-out Mack-Spotting and sharing the thrill with other enthusiasts..............put a whole new slant on the term 'Anorak'.

Oh well.............keep wearing your macks Mary and we will enjoy your programs.......and your macks.
Nicely put indeed.
I wear macs/raincoats/rainsuits for practical use when out and about with the cameras.
But instead of watching trains sometimes it is aircraft and it gets cold and windy! Hence windproof trousers and jackets.
As does Colleen.
rainwear-experience

spitfire617 wrote: February 26th, 2018, 9:12 am
Ray wrote: February 25th, 2018, 11:25 am

Ahhhh so you have been rumbled Ray!
Sock wearer! lol lol!
Yep, you've caught me out, lol

I sometimes wear 2 pairs when I wear wellies

Just in case anyone was wondering I DONT HAVE A FETISH FOR SOCKS OR WELLIES, they are practical items of clothing
rainwear-experience

KlepperGuy wrote: February 25th, 2018, 5:35 pm Personally.........'NO'.......... I don't think she has a 'fetish', she is just wearing it for being as a practical piece of clothing both for warmth and protection against the elements.

I might be wrong - theres always that chance, it did happen that day back in 2001 :lol: but I thought I thought train / aircraft spotters etc went out with the intention of seeing trains, aircraft etc please tell me that no one on here goes out with the intention of trying to see others dressed in rainwear, although it would seem a fairly fruitless exercise if they did

Dont get me wrong I like to see others in their rainwear but I dont automatically wonder if they have a fetish for it, I certainly dont rush up to them and engage them in conversation about their clothing or tell them how wonderful they look
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

I don't really give a toss about people on here trying to analyse why we have fetishes. Personally, it's something I've had since childhood and sometimes it kind of relieves the stress of this mad world for a while. The thing is, it doesn't rule my life and I even went 'straight' for a while when I discovered girls!

I don't understand Klepperguy's statement - "Thankfully for those who wear them for pleasure and fun are few and far between"? By the way, being a former anorak, I think you mean IAN Allen.

Phil