Help with Condor Yellow SBR Coat please

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
olympic

Re: Help with Condor Yellow SBR Coat please

Post by olympic »

my suggestion order and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! these raincoats along with rkd rubber are by far the most reasonable priced rubber rainwear you will find!
maxulike

Post by maxulike »

olympic wrote: January 31st, 2018, 5:55 pm my suggestion order and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! these raincoats along with rkd rubber are by far the most reasonable priced rubber rainwear you will find!
Once again many thanks for your help.
Indeed rubber rainwear bargains are very rare these days. About 10 years ago I walked into a branch of Sue Ryder (Charity/Thrift Shop in the UK) and was aware of a very rubbery aroma. I found 2 apparently unworn single texture off white macs made by Weather or Not; one double breasted and one single. At £7 UK each, these were definitely a bargain!

Happy days
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

how different are the weatherite raincoats from the condor and rainfair?
olympic

Post by olympic »

weatherite raincoats are "vintage" meaning they where made in the style that has been around forever. long rubber, buckles, cape vent etc
worn by almost everyone at one time or another. (you can get buckles at rkd rubber if you want) condor and rainfair are exactly the same style like weatherite except that they have snaps not buckles. condor is a classic yellow rubber raincoat/jacket. when you think of a yellow rubber raincoat, this is it.
i like rkd rubber also because of the various styles but staying with the basic rubber parka style with snaps and zippers with patch pockets.
also the cost anyone can afford.
olympic

Post by olympic »

i believe that there are other rubber raincoat suppliers out there, just do not have time to search for all of them. but so far these are the best.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

olympic wrote: February 1st, 2018, 5:52 pm weatherite raincoats are "vintage" meaning they where made in the style that has been around forever. long rubber, buckles, cape vent etc
worn by almost everyone at one time or another. (you can get buckles at rkd rubber if you want) condor and rainfair are exactly the same style like weatherite except that they have snaps not buckles. condor is a classic yellow rubber raincoat/jacket. when you think of a yellow rubber raincoat, this is it.
i like rkd rubber also because of the various styles but staying with the basic rubber parka style with snaps and zippers with patch pockets.
also the cost anyone can afford.
I'd like to add that the newer rubber raincoats from Condor/Rainfair are heavier and stiffer than the old Weatherite coats. My Condor raincoat seems to be of thicker rubber and bonded to heavy canvas, while my old Weatherite from the '60s is of a thinner, softer rubber, and has a thin cotton lining, and is overall much softer and more flexible than the newer coats.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

can i get an rkd rubber raincoat that is just like an old weatherite? also where i can fine an old weatherite?
olympic

Post by olympic »

RKD WILL CUSTOM MAKE THEM...I HAVE DONE THAT....BUT THE CONDOR BRAND IS EXACTLY LIKE THE WEATHERITE JUST NOT WITH BUCKLES.....RKD WILL MAKE WITH BUCKLES.....THEIR WEB-SITE EVEN HAS SOME RAINCOATS WITH BUCKLES. WEATHERITE I THINK WAS TAKEN OVER BY A COMPANY KNOWN AS NELSON.....THEY MAKE A LOT OF OUTDOOR GEAR.
olympic

Post by olympic »

RKD WILL CUSTOM MAKE THEM...I HAVE DONE THAT....BUT THE CONDOR BRAND IS EXACTLY LIKE THE WEATHERITE JUST NOT WITH BUCKLES.....RKD WILL MAKE WITH BUCKLES.....THEIR WEB-SITE EVEN HAS SOME RAINCOATS WITH BUCKLES. WEATHERITE I THINK WAS TAKEN OVER BY A COMPANY KNOWN AS NELSON.....THEY MAKE A LOT OF OUTDOOR GEAR.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

i thought condor is a stiffer rubber.