Help with Condor Yellow SBR Coat please

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
olympic

Re: Help with Condor Yellow SBR Coat please

Post by olympic »

it is, but it a great RUBBER raincoat.......these are classic rubber raincoats.............check out the company that makes them.......RAINCO LTDA
olympic

Post by olympic »

YOU NEED TO ORDER! these raincoats and rkd rubber are these you can get for the money spent! order and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
olympic

Post by olympic »

did you order your condor raincoat and/or jacket yet??????
olympic

Post by olympic »

did you order any raincoats/jackets/pants/hoods????????
merv

Post by merv »

olympic wrote: February 7th, 2018, 11:29 pm did you order your condor raincoat and/or jacket yet??????
NO
maxulike

Post by maxulike »

SUMMARY
A good buy. Total cost including postage about £83 UK From Zoro USA via MyUS.com

I can finally report success with ordering a Condor Yellow SBR raincoat from Zoro in the USA to be sent to the UK. Not so easy to order! I am giving the long boring details here to save anyone else going through the same frustrations as I did.

I first tried to order one from their main website. The first problem is that they are not allowed to export so you have to have a US address. I registered with MyUS.com and was given a US postal address. I tried again on the main website, but this time, when I tried to pay, the website would not accept a non US address for the credit card billing address. I tried then on their eBay site and the order and payment went through OK. Maybe if I had tried Paypal it would have worked OK I don't know, but a couple of days later I got an email telling me that my order had been cancelled and I got a refund. Again it was due to the export issue. Finally I ordered one using the MyUS personal shopper service. There are 2 disadvantages to this. First there is a minimum additional charge by them of $10 per order. Second, you cannot use the 15% off code which Zoro were offering to new customers. So the coat at about $70 would have cost $59.50 but ended up at $80. The postage cost about $35 (I chose the cheapest option) and was very quick, delivered by FedEx. So the total, $115 US works out at about £83 UK.

I think it is a bargain!

The coat is quite heavy and very noisy. It has a subtle rubber smell, possibly more when warmed up. It does not have an industrial rubber smell. The finish is matt and I do not think it would be easy to shine up. The rubber coating is quite thick and It is a little stiff.

SIZE MATTERS!

Be careful when ordering. After a great deal of correspondence Zoro finally confirmed that the published sizes on their catalogue and on other suppliers catalogues were wrong. Apparently the error was made by the manufacturer in Colombia. The catalogue says that the Small size fits someone with a 44 inch chest. I queried this straight away because it seemed strange. Initially they insisted that it was correct. After asking around a lot I got the truth, which they have now confirmed and which is clearly marked on the plastic bag that the coat arrived in.
Small: Chest size 36 - 38 inches
(actual measurement of a small coat around the chest of the coat is 44 inches hence the confusion).
Medium: Chest size 40 - 42 inches
Large: Chest size 44-46 inches
etc
If you are still reading this you are very patient!

Good luck
olympic

Post by olympic »

awesome............great to see you purchased...........you also can purchase on line with wal-mart, grainger, sustainable supply.
now order one from RKD RUBBER! enjoy!