trying to contact pvc-u-like

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainwearseeker

Re: trying to contact pvc-u-like

Post by rainwearseeker »

I thought PUL does not allow for any custom designs. Makeitkinky informed me that they strictly follow this policy and not even slight customizations are accepted. I asked for a rain suit in the blue yellow reverse color and I wanted the blue side to be the reverse side while having a storm flap cover the zipper.
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

rainwearseeker wrote: December 29th, 2017, 9:25 am I thought PUL does not allow for any custom designs. Makeitkinky informed me that they strictly follow this policy and not even slight customizations are accepted. I asked for a rain suit in the blue yellow reverse color and I wanted the blue side to be the reverse side while having a storm flap cover the zipper.
Can i clarify the PUL position. We lost our pattern makerabout 18 months ago, since then we have been unable to offer a bespoke garment service. However we allow small changes to existing garments for a small charge such as putting in elastications, putting poppers on the "male" way, reversing a material etc. If you send an email requesting what you would like to mail@pvc-u-like.com we will say whether it is possible and if so how much. We will then send you a payment link.

Gaz :D
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

Makeitkinky told me that no options aside from color requests were possible.
merv

Post by merv »

rainwearseeker wrote: December 30th, 2017, 12:20 am Makeitkinky told me that no options aside from color requests were possible.
maybe you are better asking the owners rather than some random person who has no real idea of what is and is not possible
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

Gaz, could we suggest new garment ideas that could be listed in the future?
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

rainwearseeker wrote: December 30th, 2017, 11:36 am Gaz, could we suggest new garment ideas that could be listed in the future?
Like i said before we have lost our pattern maker 18 months ago. I have been teaching myself pattern making but it is very challenging and to be honest i'm spending most of my time running the company and making patterns is a luxury. I'm willing to listen to some ideas and if the garment is not too challenging and i think it will sell i will consider introducing it. You also have to consider we had at one time over 300 designs and when you are tryng to teach new recruits how to construct over 300 items it can tae well over 18 months to learn them all and then they leave!

Gaz
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

That does sound very exhausting. I wish the best of luck. One garment I wanted was to have a blue yellow reverse of a hazchem suit, but I recall that you mentioned it being too difficult to make due to its thickness. One idea I had was a new hazchem suit design.
pvclovering

Post by pvclovering »

Just a comment on the "female"fastening on these raincoats. I don't think it is too much of a problem really. The buttons seem to be more in the centre than too much over on the left, so men can wear this mac without too much bother in my opinion. I have a black transparent China made coat and I love wearing out in the rain.
merv

Post by merv »

a happy ending, the coat arrived today and it is just perfect, exactly what i wanted and fits wonderfully
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

I ordered a sailor suit from MIK and I wanted the jacket to be made entirely in blue yellow reverse material, but they told me it was not possible.