How is RKD rubber's rainwear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Bill_P

Re: How is RKD rubber's rainwear

Post by Bill_P »

rainwearseeker wrote: December 29th, 2017, 5:50 am do they make one piece suits?
No offense, but rather than pose these questions to the forum, why don't you go to RKD's website and see what they have, and if you don't see what you want send them a chat request or email and see if they can custom make it for you?
maxulike

Post by maxulike »

Great service from Vikas at RKD. Excellent Value!

The Slickr coat has a powerful almost smoky industrial rubber smell. I suspect that this will fade with time. I have an old slickr hat that came from RKD about 10 years back, through Lorraine Element. It smelt like that to start with but now has a more gentle, sweeter rubber aroma.

The outside of the coat looks great. It has a more or less matt finish, but can be given a slight silky sheen, if required, with a rubber polish. The inside finish is a bit variable in places and it looks as though some of the seam tapes will need refixing very soon.

The SBR coat has a subtle rubber smell - totally different. The outside looks great. Slightly shiny and the shine can be increased with rubber polish, but not to the extent of the Weather Vain coats. The taped seems look good.

RKD do not put eyelet holes under the arms, but these could easily be added if required.

If you are ordering, remember that you can specify just about all the dimensions. If not you may find the standard sleeve lengths are much too long. Remember that they are measured from the side of the collar at the neck. Vikas is very helpful and is a man of his word!

Postage was very quick to the UK. Tracked and delivered by FedEx.

I am very pleased.
maxulike

Post by maxulike »

PS you may get charged import duty in the UK. Works out at about 30% plus the FedEx handling fee.
olympic

Post by olympic »

i love the rubber parkas and he will custom make any rubber raincoat/parka/poncho/jacket........i have even inquired about selling them in the usa..mail order etc...........i love the natural rubber, rkd also makes kid's rubber rainwear which parents would much rather buy then PVC for their children. rkd also makes rubber gym shorts, rubber rainsuits rubber sheets and pillows.

i also like condor rubber rainwear