How is RKD rubber's rainwear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Bill_P

Re: How is RKD rubber's rainwear

Post by Bill_P » January 5th, 2018, 3:39 pm

Stephie wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 7:39 am
I’ve had my RKD since 2014. Vikas, the proprietor is a guy you need to keep on top of to get what you want.
I ordered a SlickR double proofed coat, rubber lined and outer surface, I got a coat fit for a giant. He promptly sent me another one which is roomy, but was a more sensible fit. I tried back then to order a Burberry style trench but got a Ghat, which is almost military style. It has a row of two buttons close to each other not spaced apart like a traditional trench.
That said, the mac is great for the heaviest of showers. The detachable hood would be better if it was button attached not Velcro, but it’s quite roomy, even too much so with having to turn the brim back.
The belt is a bit of an issue losing eyelets, but I just tie up the belt.
I’ve always wanted a satin trench, and wonder how RKD manage with styling, maybe I’ll take the plunge one day!
I got the single texture satin "Ghat" back in November 2011; that was the one that I had quality issues with. And yes, you're right, I forgot to mention that the belt did lose a couple of eyelets as well, but like you my wife would just tie the belt. Six months later I bought the heavy red double texture satin trench which is double breasted, with shoulder eapulets - I guess you could say the style is similar to a traditional Burberry full length trench. And before I paid for it I made sure that they addressed all my quality concerns and sent me a coat that I really love, and that has held up well for us for nearly five years now.

Bill_P

Re: How is RKD rubber's rainwear

Post by Bill_P » January 5th, 2018, 5:21 pm

rainwearseeker wrote:
December 29th, 2017, 5:50 am
do they make one piece suits?
No offense, but rather than pose these questions to the forum, why don't you go to RKD's website and see what they have, and if you don't see what you want send them a chat request or email and see if they can custom make it for you?