A Christmas Present to Myself

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
WealdenMac

Re: A Christmas Present to Myself

Post by WealdenMac »

Just ordered the largest size black Rains belted mackintosh with unusual side vents that was offered at a substantially reduced price too. May decide to keep them both or send one back for a refund.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

I liked both the Rains macs so much I decided to accept the retailer's offer to submit a review only to discover that in the meantime they had knocked a further tenner off the cost of the black one.
sergiouk

Post by sergiouk »

Just an update on the rubber wader suit that Kinky-In-Scotland and I both found on AliExpress, I was thinking about 'enforced' long sessions in it and noticed that there's a small area of reinforcement around the top of the zip, just enough to make a hole in either side with a simple office hole punch. A small padlock then ensures that the suit stays on until the keyholder allows or a time release expires. Twelve hours was fun but with the gloves making anything like typing or cooking almost impossible I don't think much longer is practical. If anyone's thinking about one it might be worth asking the seller if a smaller and lighter type of glove could be added.
Kinky-In-Scotland

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

sergiouk wrote: March 4th, 2018, 11:17 am Just an update on the rubber wader suit that Kinky-In-Scotland and I both found on AliExpress, I was thinking about 'enforced' long sessions in it and noticed that there's a small area of reinforcement around the top of the zip, just enough to make a hole in either side with a simple office hole punch. A small padlock then ensures that the suit stays on until the keyholder allows or a time release expires. Twelve hours was fun but with the gloves making anything like typing or cooking almost impossible I don't think much longer is practical. If anyone's thinking about one it might be worth asking the seller if a smaller and lighter type of glove could be added.
When I got my suit I opted for the cuffs rather than gloves.
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
MacRobin

Post by MacRobin »

Hi Sergiouk,

I notice that the advert says “breathable” :D

I assume this means the wearer can breathe. Can you confirm that.

They do look comfy . . .