Glossy wellies

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Muddyquad88

Glossy wellies

Post by Muddyquad88 »

What’s people thoughts on lads wearing coloured hunter wellies or other brands like hunter ?
Also lads wearing different colours of wellies that you probably wouldn’t see all the time ?
I don’t know if it’s just me being self conscious or if other people only wear certain colours when they are by them selves and not really in the public eye.
Bill_P

Re: Glossy wellies

Post by Bill_P »

If hunter made glossy wellies in my size I'd buy several pairs - yellow, black, purple & graphite.
I have a red pair and also a much harder to find yellow pair that they briefly made in larger sizes circa 2011. I have no problem wearing them in public and have gotten many favorable comments on the yellow ones. I'm always on the lookout for men's wellies in rare colors & designs. I have two pairs of Burberry wellies too, one in glossy black with a gray plaid pattern, and just recently I found a pair in their traditional camel check pattern. I'd like to see more choices of color & style for men's wellies.
raincoatboy

Post by raincoatboy »

I have 4 pairs of very hot shiny Cole Haan rainboots.
latexloo

Post by latexloo »

I wear mine all the time. I sometimes get some looks, but usually no more than that.
I have 2 pairs of shiny black in short and long length, a pair of shiny Umber and a pair of shiny green. All of them are so comfy and feel great to wear.
Would love to hear about other peoples thoughts and experiences wearing theirs.
Kinky-In-Scotland

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

I'm with @Bill_P here, if the patterned and variety of colours were available in my size I'd have no problem wearing them, the only non green, black or navy I have are a pair of white industrial wellies and a pair of yellow sailing deck boots, I've lost track of how many pairs of really nice looking boots I've seen only to discover they only go up to UK size 8 (EU 42), not much use when I'm a UK 10 (EU 44) :(
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Kinky-In-Scotland wrote: November 28th, 2017, 9:19 am I'm with @Bill_P here, if the patterned and variety of colours were available in my size I'd have no problem wearing them, the only non green, black or navy I have are a pair of white industrial wellies and a pair of yellow sailing deck boots, I've lost track of how many pairs of really nice looking boots I've seen only to discover they only go up to UK size 8 (EU 42), not much use when I'm a UK 10 (EU 44) :(
Yes indeed!
I am a size 8 (U.K) I must admit I have liked a pair of aubaugine (Purple) wellingtons but they were a womans size and did not fit!
And the only white wellies are the industrial type so not shiny at all.
Yellow again Dunlop wellies and the short type.
And I do not wear wellingtons that often so I do not buy expensive rubber boots as they do not seem to last long and I see no real point in doing so.
Izzitpvc

Post by Izzitpvc »

I would have no problem wearing patterned or colour gloss wellies apart from so far being unable to find any that would fit, Amazon, Ebay etc the largest size I have found is size 9 (uk) purchased these shiny black "festival wellies" they sort of fit a bit tight!! but I would really require a size 10, can anybody suggest where the larger size might be obtained here in the UK, I have the standard green, black & black & grey combination, oh and not too expensive!!!
MuddyKatie

Post by MuddyKatie »

If your wellies are muddy enough, who'll know whether the are glossy or not? If they aren't muddy enough...well, solve that problem then repeat step 1 :-)
HarlequinKing96

Post by HarlequinKing96 »

I wouldn't mind seeing boys in more colourful wellies... they often don't get that much range of colours do they?

But it doesn't really matter if you're squelching in the mud all the time like you ought to in your wellies!
Beth xxx
Muddyquad88

Post by Muddyquad88 »

HarlequinKing96 wrote: December 13th, 2017, 10:43 pm I wouldn't mind seeing boys in more colourful wellies... they often don't get that much range of colours do they?

But it doesn't really matter if you're squelching in the mud all the time like you ought to in your wellies!
I love being out in different colour wellies and love to make sure they get a really good coating of mud just what they were designed for