Saved some Dannimacs and other coats from the bin.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
long91

Saved some Dannimacs and other coats from the bin.

Post by long91 »

I turned up at a job to change a downstairs toilet. As usual, they hadn't emptied the understair cupboard, so I had to wait which annoyed me a little. I only perked up when the mum and daughter started to drag loads of kids coats out and I noticed a couple of shiny nylon raincoats. Unfortunately my phone rang, so I missed what went on. Anyway, I came back in and got on with the job which didn't take long. Once finished, I was invited to the kitchen to wash my hands and have a pasty and a brew. The daughter came in holding a very long black down coat and a very old very shiny blue parka with orange lining. She took them into the utility room where her mum was. I couldn't see but I could just hear what they were saying over the sound of the tv. She said it was too long for her and that it was 10 years old. When they came out of the kitchen, they paid me and I checked they wanted me to dispose of the old toilet. I told them since I had to stop at the rubbish tip, was there anything else they wanted me to take and that I could stop at the charity shop in town.I was then given 4 bin bags to take with me.I was told that they preferred they went to the tip as name and address tags were still on the coats.Going through the bags, the stuff of interest were 2 shiny nylon dannimac raincoats, a black crinkle nylon padded dannimac raincoat, and a blue Lord Anthony overhead nylon cagoule. The very long black nylon Zara down coat is lovely, its not shiny but made from a crisp nylon and looks old. The blue shiny smorkel parka is well worn shiny. I thought it was the mother's coat but I found a picture on Facebook of the daughter wearing it at a festival in 2015. It's quite big on her but looks amazing. The rest of coats were wool or cotton with a couple of polyester trenchcoats which were of no interest so I dumped them. There were a few nylon kids coats but not worth keeping. In the bin bag full of shoes were some skirts that I kept also. I am well made up the Lord Anthony cagoule, it's mint condition. I had the same one back in the early 80's and regret throwing it away even though it was knackered. I wore it today with a smile on my face.