Hamilton Classics Rainwear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Miker_uk

Re: Hamilton Classics Rainwear

Post by Miker_uk »

Scootaloo1 wrote: October 19th, 2017, 11:36 pm
hotwilly wrote: October 12th, 2017, 6:38 pm
cmp wrote: October 12th, 2017, 4:19 pm Is anybody experiencing problems with the link to Hamilton Classics Rainwear?
The link shown is triggering my Anti Virus protection and will not let me view the website.
Same here - Virgin Media doesn't like it
I'm on virgin media to and it also doesn't like it :(
I'm in Virgin Media and it works fine. I use a Mac (..obviously ;) )
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

Will look at my settings
Virgin Media blocks my iPad and lap top.
Thanks for suggestions
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

I have no problem!
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

For anyone still curious about this - I notice they aren't using SSL to encrypt their website/content. (Sites that use SSL will use addresses that begin with "https://" rather than "http://")

That wasn't unusual a few years ago, but nowadays the vast majority of business websites use SSL. It makes a site much less vulnerable to all sorts of attacks designed to intercept data being sent to/from users, or to spoof the site in an attempt to distribute malware or capture customers' personal information.

Many ISPs, but not all of them, treat a lack of SSL encryption as a security threat - even if the site appears to be healthy and safe to use. This would account for some ISPs issuing warnings while others do not.

The main thing to keep in mind is NEVER to do any kind of e-commerce on a site that doesn't use SSL and have a valid certificate. (Your browser will tell you very clearly if a site is using an expired or bogus certificate.) Doing so is pretty much the equivalent of driving around with your credit card number painted on the side of your car: It's not a matter of IF somebody will take advantage, it's a matter of WHEN :-)
cmp

Post by cmp »

Having previously having problems with my anti virus protection not allowing me to open the link. I am now able to gain access.
I have not changed any security settings on my PC.
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

cmp wrote: November 2nd, 2017, 7:32 pm Having previously having problems with my anti virus protection not allowing me to open the link. I am now able to gain access.
I have not changed any security settings on my PC.
Snap! So can I :)
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)