pvc u like for sale...

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainwear-experience

Re: pvc u like for sale...

Post by rainwear-experience »

You nearly gave me a heart attack when I saw the heading

I thought Gaz must have finally had enough and was selling up - Phew
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

Ray wrote: October 11th, 2017, 8:39 pm You nearly gave me a heart attack when I saw the heading

I thought Gaz must have finally had enough and was selling up - Phew
I must admit I've come close! the thought of getting back on the gravy train is sometimes appealing. ;)
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

will custom designs ever be accepted?
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

rainwearseeker wrote: October 15th, 2017, 11:30 am will custom designs ever be accepted?
The problem with custom designs is that we always lose money. What someone is willing to pay versus the time it takes never work out.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

pvculike wrote: October 15th, 2017, 2:01 pm
rainwearseeker wrote: October 15th, 2017, 11:30 am will custom designs ever be accepted?
The problem with custom designs is that we always lose money. What someone is willing to pay versus the time it takes never work out.
Yep, we wander around these Artisan markets wondering a the lovely bread, pies etc and then comment 'HOW MUCH'
kulshan

Post by kulshan »

At the end of the day you have to make a profit....what a concept!! Hopefully PVC U LIKE will continue its commitment and success.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

so the price itself is determined after the item made, which could be exponentially higher?
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

rainwearseeker wrote: October 16th, 2017, 8:41 pm
so the price itself is determined after the item made, which could be exponentially higher?
The price was always agreed first, but it always takes longer to refine a garment along with wasted materials so always hard to get right not to mention lost production time.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

pvculike wrote: October 16th, 2017, 8:53 pm
The price was always agreed first, but it always takes longer to refine a garment along with wasted materials so always hard to get right not to mention lost production time.
What about minor customizations such as requesting a longer rain bib that could have the hem tips welded together like attached socks or having a the reverse side as the outer color? also i was informed that the thicker material is not used for some garments because it would be too difficult to make from the machines right?
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

rainwearseeker wrote: October 17th, 2017, 10:37 am
pvculike wrote: October 16th, 2017, 8:53 pm

What about minor customizations such as requesting a longer rain bib that could have the hem tips welded together like attached socks or having a the reverse side as the outer color? also i was informed that the thicker material is not used for some garments because it would be too difficult to make from the machines right?
Small modifications are not a problem, reverse material ok but the really thick material does not lend itself to some items.