Burberry Plastic Raincoats

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Jenni

Re: Burberry Plastic Raincoats

Post by Jenni »

jodie wrote: September 18th, 2017, 8:01 am Burberry a fashion leader in trenchcoats are now selling rather nice plastic raincoats . Rather expensive for my pocket , but perhaps now other manufacturers will follow. It looks like plastic raincoats are at last making come back .
They are lovely ,but I don't know how they can justify the prices of these mackintoshes.The latest Topshop macs are much better value. !!
jodie

Post by jodie »

Next time I am in London I think I willl go to Burberry just to try on one of their long pink plastic raincoats on just to see how good they are and how well they fit.I wont buy one and have to put it back.
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

Oh bugger it, all my raincoats now cost £1200, sorry for the 1000% increase🤔
pvc_pete

Post by pvc_pete »

But free postage now Gary on your £1200 mac!!
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

You guys do not want much, not only cheap raincoats but you want me to send them for nothing!

The price does include packaging, tracking, insurance and if over 2kgs courier service, unfortunately that doesn't come cheap.

Maybe I should charge burberry prices and offer free shipping 😎
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

With all due respect to you and your business Gary, I would like to have ordered the RA40 raincoat but thought the £9.72 postage charge was a bit steep?

Phil.
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

You can just imagine how much the mark up is on the mack.
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

Hi Phil

The RA40 is quite a heavy raincoat, we would send it with a tracking service. Royal mail has put their prices up consecutively for the last 5 years, we haven't increased postage charges at all.

The irony is if you had rang me up I would of done something with the postage for you since I've known you for years on this site, never mind.

Gaz

plasphil wrote: September 19th, 2017, 10:10 am With all due respect to you and your business Gary, I would like to have ordered the RA40 raincoat but thought the £9.72 postage charge was a bit steep?

Phil.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Ironically having opened this can of worms the first ‘offer’ I received for one of my items stated
“Postage is very high, hence my lower offer. Is postage price negotiable”

The actual cost of postage is £4.40 which leaves £0.59 for packing materials and transport to the Post Office, not much room for negotiation there!

This sharply brought my comments about PUL into focus when you factor in PUL’s costs for premises, staff etc

At the end of the day postage costs the sender whether I choose to offer ‘Free Postage’ and just add £4.99 onto the cost of the item or shown it as a separate charge it still has to be paid for
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

Ray is correct, if you are a private seller you have no overheads, the girl I have in the office who literally packs and organises the couriers is paid £18k p/a! not to mention the cost of the Building blah blah.

Having said all that, I am looking at our postage rates to see if there is any wriggle room but don't expect big reductions.

Gaz