What's your favourite past time whilst wearing your mac?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
cragsta2012

Re: What's your favourite past time whilst wearing your mac?

Post by cragsta2012 »

I wouldn't say this as in my 'favourite past time' but for a dare once I took the dog out for a walk late at night in my partners PUL short length double breasted yellow rain coat.... Sadly, living in a quietish village we managed to safely walk the dog without me being caught or spotted wearing it.... But then that got me thinking would anybody have really ever noticed if they had?
Peterlikeitalot

Post by Peterlikeitalot »

Wearing my regatta rain coat in navy in public . I get paranoid and think people know wat I'm doing
Peterlikeitalot

Just being in public in my regatta is enough paranoid
mackaboy

Post by mackaboy »

I converted my single texture mackintosh into a dressing gown which I wear about the house morning and evening. It's cool, light , and swishy.
Peterlikeitalot

mackaboy wrote:I converted my single texture mackintosh into a dressing gown which I wear about the house morning and evening. It's cool, light , and swishy.
U lucky boy wish I could
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Now I've reached an age when I leak in my trousers if away from a toilet too long I too wear plastic (or rubber) pants under them when out and about and especially enjoy this when in a plastic or pvc mac.
That must be something like killing two birds with one stone !
Fun aside: When I reach that state I will definitely insist on plastic pants over diapers. Having worn both as a test I will probably use those made from rainpants like we use for a relative of mine. They are more comfortable to wear than the classic plastic ones (and their rustling sounds nicer BTW). OTOH they age quicker than the plastic ones and they have to be washed after each use. These last points could be solved by wearing them inside out but then you loose the comfort offered by the fabric lining.
Here you can see some examples:
Rukka, with a very comfy inside fabric:
http://postimg.org/image/ou5b52sw9/
http://postimg.org/image/7pg0gptc1/
No name brand made from PVC coated polyester. These can even be hot washed:
http://postimg.org/image/vqd6w9su1/

Maybe you would like to try a pair of them.
mspakamac

Post by mspakamac »

I once converted a yoked maroon nylon mac into a button-thru sundress. It was a size 14 so it fitted far too snuggly as a mac. I took the top half of the mac off, above the yoke, including the arms. I sewed the yoke making a neat seam then made shoulder straps from the belt. For a first attempt at dressmaking, it was a real success. It was lovely to wear under a nylon mac.
I adore my foldaway plastic macs and nylon macs http://www.plasticmacs.com
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I have a couple of plastic pants made from the same material as a nylon cagoule, they are lovely to wear, and some ripstop nylon ones which have to be the most noisey rustley pants out! :)
Lets get swishy!
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Are they custom made and do you wear them for the intended purpose or just for fun ?
pvclovering

Post by pvclovering »

I have posted on this subject before with a favourite pastime,or two, but I have a semi transparent black cagoule from pvculike which I love going out wearing whatever the weather. This is what they are intended for despite my odd pastime. Must admit though I would like to be given a good shake whilst out wearing my mac! I saw a few ladies yesterday whilst out who I wished I had the courage to ask them to give me a really good shake!