'Interesting' bike ride

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
plasphil

'Interesting' bike ride

Post by plasphil »

I enjoyed a fair amount of cycling in my youth way back in the sixties, particularly when it rained wearing a heavy old yellow oilskin cape (how I wish I still had that). So I thought I would like to take it up again, not that I need to loose any weight but exercise can't be a bad thing. As tempting as it is to be out there riding in the rain, the road is a far more dangerous place nowadays and you have to wear a silly hat, so I decided to go for an exercise bike. I soon found it's pretty boring riding a bike in your back bedroom, even with the radio or TV on, so I thought wearing a sauna suit might make it more interesting.
I am very pleased with my black Everlast hooded sauna suit, the plastic is soft and smooth unlike the silver ones I have had in the past. You work up a sweat in no time but I thought...why stop there...so I then added a one piece plastic suit over the top and enjoyed peddling a few more K's. After that session I thought...why stop there...so the other day over the two suits I wore a long see-through plastic mac and vainly positioned the bike by a mirror so I could enjoy the sight. I think my next move will be to find a clear plastic cape to go over the whole outfit, so I'm looking forward to future rides wearing four layers of plastic.
As for the exercise, I seem to have put weight on?, but it's going to be fun trying to burn it off again!

Phil.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Everlast-Sweat ... B003OYSGPU
rubbermac

Re: 'Interesting' bike ride

Post by rubbermac »

i have a couple of those "old yellow oilskin capes",they are absolutley fantastic to wear.....must try bike riding in them soon
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

rubbermac wrote: July 27th, 2017, 10:56 am i have a couple of those "old yellow oilskin capes",they are absolutley fantastic to wear.....must try bike riding in them soon
I wish I could find a yellow oilskin cape any way of finding a relatively new one?
Jenni

Post by Jenni »

You'll definitely lose weight cycling whilst dressed in all your finery................Good luck.!!
Kinky-In-Scotland

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

Hope you had some wellies on too to catch all that sweat!
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
gazeebo

Post by gazeebo »

Sounds like a fabulous way to enjoy all of those plastic layers and also 'attempt' to lose weight. It feels very much the same when I'm wearing a sauna suit plus another couple of suits on top (one piece/rain suit etc) and strolling through my local woods. Good idea from Kinky re wearing wellies or do what I do and wear a pair (or 2) of socks.

The black sauna suit also looks very nice
Divepink

Post by Divepink »

I bike ride alot and it's one of the best ways to lose weight, I always wear my clear pvc coat when it's raining even if it's only windy :^__^.