Beverley Mackintosh

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
blackmacjay

Beverley Mackintosh

Post by blackmacjay »

The new mackintosh, aka Beverley, arrived last night. Judy is highly delighted with it and thinks it will be be great in our new home this winter.

So for once I got it right and I passed on my congrats to Weathervain.
mactim

Re: Beverley Mackintosh

Post by mactim »

I just had a look at the Beverly on their website and it looks like a great mackintosh. Did you have it made in double textuted and what colour is it?
I do like the length and i hope you had it made quite long for your wife, so that she's fully covered.
I do agree that Weathervain make great macs..you get what you pay for!
Roll on the wet weather for your wife to wear it out and about!
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

Her Beverley is very similar to the one on the Website. The main body is aqua-blue (whatever that is) and the contrast is red. And, because it will be winter when she wears it, I ordered double-texture. Somehow getting single-texture didn't seem quite right.

The length is below her knee so she will be properly covered.

I may even get her the Acquo boots mentioned elsewhere on this site.

Not cheap but as you say, you get what you pay for.
mactim

Post by mactim »

You and Judy are a very lucky couple and I'm sure that you'll both get lot's of fun and with her new mackintosh. The colour combination looks perfect, navy blue is the ideal colour for that style of mac and if you can stretch to a pair of the acquo boots then that it will make for a great look whether worn indoors or outdoors!
I do hope that the new Beverly is not being hung up, hidden away in a wardrobe but somewhere it can be seen at all times!
BTW, don't you just love the smell of a new double textured mac?..enjoy it while it lasts as it does n't stay for too long!
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

The macintosh is in a clear coat holder in Judy's closet.

I have noticed that the rubbery smell does not stay long for either single-texture or double-texture.

Yes, I'll probably go for the acquo boots so she can be warm and dry.
Jenni

Post by Jenni »

I'm very envious of Judy.............she is a very lucky lady to have such a gorgeous mackintosh to complement her many others and I know that you appreciate her wearing them all. Acqua boots will look good with it.
I hope that the move goes well and you enjoy your new home.