matte vs. shiny rukkas

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainwearseeker

matte vs. shiny rukkas

Post by rainwearseeker »

how different are shiny rukkas from matte? is it worth getting a matte or should i wait for a shiny one to appear despite its rarity?
Jjai

Re: matte vs. shiny rukkas

Post by Jjai »

There seems to be more mat than shiny rukkas on ebay normally, did they make more of that style originally ?
They are too expensive for the condition that many of them are selling for.

Sometimes on the german ebay they have similar raincoats made by bormax which look quite nice and in better condition. I bought a Black heavy pvc raincoat on there but made by a British company called Yarmouth. Shiny rukkas do seem rare, I would bid for one if a dark Navy blue one was advertised, which seems unlikely.
Good luck though.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

I have a red bormax with a zipper but the hood is so small it does not fit when zipped all the way up.
rubbermac

Post by rubbermac »

I have a dark blue shiny Rukka,and I totally treasure it and wear it everyday whatever the weather
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

I had a matt finish, mid blue, mid thigh length Rukka back in the day. Very functional, length apart, but hardly exciting. A lady running a local chandlery told me they sold quite a few ladies fastening shiny black fuller length Rukkas to men but I wouldn't have had the nerve to wear one outside so I didn't pursue my interest. But as far as the attractiveness of the fabric is concerned, shiny every time.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

How small is the hood in comparison to a bormax? is it just as tight?