Who's wearing them?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
HeatherluvsPVC

Who's wearing them?

Post by HeatherluvsPVC »

In the past few months there have been stunning rainwear jackets and coats for sale in the likes of Tesco, Topshop, Asda, Pri-mark but how many have we seen on the street? These shops must sell enough of them or they wouldn't bother...... so am I just unlucky in not spotting them or are there a lot of people who are buying them and keeping them for wearing indoors?
Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
Heather XX
Taffmac

Re: Who's wearing them?

Post by Taffmac »

I assume men like us buy them or get their wives/partners to buy them just like I did in the late 70's/early 80's. My wife would not wear them outdoors and I gave up hoping and started wearing see-through plastic jackets and macs outdoors myself.
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

I think the stores may be hoping for the festival goers market or even those going to outdoor concerts as in many cases they are not allowed to use umbrellas, thank God. I believe there are also some people who buy when they are reduced in price and then a few months later put them on e-bay claiming they are 'vintage'.

Sadly, a high street sighting is still a rare thing but we live in hope.

Phil
merv

Post by merv »

think alot of them get snapped up by professional ebayers who then have them on offer as sold out in the shops at a mark up. As they seem to be there week in week out wonder if anybody actually buys them at the inflated prices