photobucket

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
pvculike

photobucket

Post by pvculike »

Guys

You may of heard in the news that photobucket decided overnight that it was going to charge for the 1 billion photos it has stored on its server. If you do not pay £300 per year license fee all of your photos get replaced by a clock, in other words modern day ransom. This just about sums up the money grabbing society that we live in. Unfortunately all of the photos i have posted on this site are now gone replaced with the ransom clock.

Unfortunately i do not have the time or money to trawl through all the pics and sort them out.

In future i will use another site for hosting my pics.

Sorry to bear bad news guys.

Gaz
rainwear-experience

Re: photobucket

Post by rainwear-experience »

Disgraceful behaviour, lets hope they get what they deserve and go to the wall, £300 a year is sheer greed

Sadly I think other 'free' services may go the same way
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

pvculike wrote: July 5th, 2017, 5:36 am Guys

You may of heard in the news that photobucket decided overnight that it was going to charge for the 1 billion photos it has stored on its server. If you do not pay £300 per year license fee all of your photos get replaced by a clock, in other words modern day ransom. This just about sums up the money grabbing society that we live in. Unfortunately all of the photos i have posted on this site are now gone replaced with the ransom clock.

Unfortunately i do not have the time or money to trawl through all the pics and sort them out.

In future i will use another site for hosting my pics.

Sorry to bear bad news guys.

Gaz
No I have not heard about the £300 charge but then I do not use Photobucket (I think I don't!)
Imgur seems ok.
Thank you for the heads up.

Paul
Lordgrey

Post by Lordgrey »

My pictures are still there. But then I have safety copies of all pictures. Won't trust online store. But didn't hear of this either.